PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to configure Lightwave

Andyjaggy
05-18-2007, 02:55 PM
How hard would it be for someone to create a script or plugin that you could click on and then choose to load all your config files. If you are like me you use Lightwave on multiple machines and it would be great to have a simple easy one click way of being sable to set up all Lightwaves on all your machines the same way. I know you can save and load your menu layout and keyboard shortcuts but what about your display options and general options and all your other setting?

Or am I just being really lazy :)

Sensei
05-18-2007, 04:57 PM
If you have public address IP you can set up SVN server. Then use it to store settings in SVN database and download it anywhere on world. SVN detects changes to files and automatically update database. So every machine would have always the latest settings. Tortoise SVN is integrated with Windows shell and you have SVN front-end right after clicking anywhere in explorer window. Similar like with WinRAR/WinZIP.

Lightwolf
05-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Well, either that... or create a small batch file that copies all the relevant info from your %USERPROFILE% and a second one to copy the files back to the user profile (if you copy those to a USB stick, you could just double-click on the relevant batch and be completly set-up).
You could go one step further and include plugins (probably combined with an Xcopy of your third party plugins directory) - however, this would initially only work if your third party plugins are installed on exactly the same location on all machines.

Cheers,
Mike

riki
05-18-2007, 08:04 PM
There's a helpful video tutorial here which gives an introduction to Subversion
http://media.clickablebliss.com/screencasts/intro_to_subversion_small.mov