PDA

View Full Version : How to sort lights, cameras, objects, ...

Thomas M.
05-18-2007, 09:13 AM
I know that I used "manual sort" from time to time, but is there now a new way to do this in layout as the object ID system totally changed? Hate to scroll through all the lights when I just want certain one. If I could rearrange their order it would be great.

Also is there a way to prevent items (e.g. bones) to pop up in the "parent to" dialog field? If you just want to parent objects to objects it's hell to scroll throught hundreds of bones you don't need.

prospector
05-18-2007, 01:23 PM
could use the amazing and indespensable spreadsheet, which sorts stuff to your setting and saves the settings, then all stuff is showing and no need to scroll.
It's been fixed so it doesn't crash anymore and is open whenever my layout is open.

SplineGod
05-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Dont forget the flyout panels for each item either.

Thomas M.
05-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Flyout panels? Is that a spreadsheet feature?

Never used spreadsheet before. Is it worth a try?

Or, what is it best used for which "Current item" and "Scene editor" can't do?

prospector
05-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Almost every attribute can be edited globally in spreadsheet after multi selecting.

Thomas M.
05-19-2007, 03:09 AM
Well, I'm curious whether I'll bite my own ***** when reading more about it in the docs...

SplineGod
05-19-2007, 04:40 AM
Flyout panels? Is that a spreadsheet feature?

Never used spreadsheet before. Is it worth a try?

Or, what is it best used for which "Current item" and "Scene editor" can't do?

The flyout panels are the tiny little buttons next to the 'current item' button at the bottom of layout. Theyre like a mini spreadsheet for each type of item LW supports.
I also agree that the scene editor is very powerful. :)