PDA

View Full Version : Moving Scene Lighting

ixlor8
05-18-2007, 06:22 AM
I am looking for an effect that will highlight a logo. The spot light would be keyframeable. It would start on one edge and track to the other side.

I can do this in Premiere 2.0, but looking to do this in SpeedEdit.

SBowie
05-18-2007, 06:30 AM
No simple way - in fact, the only way I can think of to do a moving spotlight (that didn't pretty much suck) right now w/o using an external app is if Bob Tasa has ported his LightFX plugin to SE.

wvp
05-21-2007, 12:28 PM
If you get 3D Arsenal (as we are discussing in the other thread) I think that has this type of effect - and a lot more.

animlab
05-22-2007, 11:54 AM
If you don't need the spot light beam but just the light spot, use a half transparent picture with a hold (with smooth blur edge) in the center to fake it. You can move the picture around (make keyframs) to simulate the spotlight.

billmi
05-23-2007, 10:52 AM
I was thinking the same thing.
The results would not be the same as an effect truly increasing the brightness - you'd lose contrast - but I think you could get that look overlaying a semi-transpartend .png with alpha channel, of a white circle.

SBowie
05-23-2007, 11:07 AM
I was thinking the same thing.
The results would not be the same as an effect truly increasing the brightness - you'd lose contrast - but I think you could get that look overlaying a semi-transpartend .png with alpha channel, of a white circle.It would do for use over text or simple CG objects like that, but you really need something more elaborate for full color imagery. Bob's LightFX does this sort of thing nicely, though personally I tend to do it externally.

animlab
05-24-2007, 01:32 AM
Fusion or AfterEffect can handle the effect nicely.

SBowie
05-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Fusion or AfterEffect can handle the effect nicely.And Mirage has very easy to use Volumetric Lighting effects - but now we're talking about outside apps ...

Bobt
05-24-2007, 04:03 PM
It would or could make a nice LWC scene. But that would mean you need
LW to do it.

Mirage Lighting engine is very fast. LW... Well you can trick it to be faster.

joseburgos
08-17-2007, 10:07 AM
It can be done in SE and look good without the beam (I think I could do the beam as well).
Here is an example;
http://www.burgos-family.com/movies/spot.wmv
All done in SE except the background image added for drama.

The trick is to not "Overlay" the white circle but use it as a key.
This will reveal the full color and brightness of the original logo in the circle due to the key.

I can list the steps if your still interested Ixor8.

Ron Kirby
08-20-2007, 05:14 PM
I'd love a simple step by step!!!!!!! I've tried this numerous times without much success!
Ron