PDA

View Full Version : Severe bone/OpenGL problems

Thomas M.
05-16-2007, 05:21 AM
This is more than anoying.

I have a model with loads of bones. Everything deforms and renders nicely in 9.0. As I urgently needed the new nodes in 9.2 I started developing all the textures and settings on an undeformed object in 9.2.

Now I wanted to start to render and loaded the 9.0 scene in 9.2. BIG surprise: The object doesn't deform anymore, but it renders as if it would be deformed.

BIG problem, I need to render with fPrime which shows the scene like on screen, undeformed.

What kind of misery is this???

Cheers
Thomas

Thomas M.
05-16-2007, 05:23 AM
BTW, this isn't a fPrime issue as fPrime just shows what shows up on screen in layout. So, what LW can't display, can't be rendered in fPrime3.

Thomas M.
05-16-2007, 08:33 AM
Cranked up the bounding box threshold to 1.000.000 and now it works.

I don't know whether this a bug as LW displayed my object (vertices) undeformed before. Now it shows the the same amount of polygons as before, but deformed.

What can I say???

Ztreem
05-16-2007, 09:09 AM
I think it's a bug in the some of the viewport modes like wireframe and vertices mode, that don't show the deformation. It happen to me a while ago, but I've been too busy to report it.

Clockmaster
05-19-2007, 05:34 AM
Someone can explain this?
In 9.2, having skelegons in the same layer (e.g "x") of the object, converting them into bones and selecting "use bones from layer x" from bones property panel works correctly. but if you starts with skelegons in another layer (e.g. "y") then you convert it into bones and select "use bone from layer y" it doesn't deform anything, at least in OpenGL.
Obviously in LW up to 9.0 all works fine. What happened?