PDA

View Full Version : How to Loop Keyframe?

bluemars
05-16-2007, 01:28 AM
Hey guys, i'm animating a bird flapping its wings but so far i managed to got it to flap its wings once, i want the bird to flap its wings about a few dozen of times and i don't want to animate keyframe by keyframe, so does anyone know how to loop the keyframe? thanks!

Surrealist.
05-16-2007, 01:43 AM
Hey guys, i'm animating a bird flapping its wings but so far i managed to got it to flap its wings once, i want the bird to flap its wings about a few dozen of times and i don't want to animate keyframe by keyframe, so does anyone know how to loop the keyframe? thanks!

There are several ways.

One is to set the end behavior in the graph editor to repeat.

Take a look at this tutorial (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/animation/flocking_birds/flocking_birds.pdf) and you can get some more ideas on how to achieve a bird flapping sequence.

Another way is to use the dope sheet and yet another is the motion mixer.

bluemars
05-16-2007, 02:29 AM
Thanks, but i only want certain parts of the bird to loop,. like the flapping wings, i don't want to loop the head animation of the bird that will look wierd,!

hrgiger
05-16-2007, 05:05 AM
For one cycle of the wings flapping, copy your first key frame into your last keyframe so they are the same. Then just set your keyframes for the wings to repeat. You may need to adjust the tention of your keyframes in the editor so they flow smoothly into one another.

Surrealist.
05-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks, but i only want certain parts of the bird to loop,. like the flapping wings, i don't want to loop the head animation of the bird that will look wierd,!

In the graph editor you can set the end behavior on a channel by channel basis. No need to set it for all of the animation.

This would only be so if you were animating a morph for the whole object which included head movement.

Have you thought about going over the manual at all?