PDA

View Full Version : Need a third eye... Err, I mean VT-Vision!

joshdb
05-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Hey all. I know that VT[4] doesn't support blending of three channels (assume, I suppose - Nonetheless, I don't require this), but I would like to know if I could view a certain feed through a third VT-Vision, or equivalent.

We have a feed of SongShow in VT-Vision, and put it over a live cam feed using the keyer. However, this leaves us blind whenever we want to preview another cam before switching to it. Can you help us out?

jsanfilippo
05-17-2007, 04:28 PM
When you say you are putting Songshow over the program feed using the "keyer", do you mean that you are putting it in the DSK?

You can have as many VT Visions open as you want. You can have one set to Program, one to Preview, and one to DSK.

The question really comes back to how exactly you are getting your feed from SongShow INTO the VT and how you are keying it.

It can be done so that you can view all three - no problem.

joshdb
05-31-2007, 01:02 PM
I put the live feed in the Program, and SongShow in Preview. If this is the incorrect way to do it, what is? You say it's easy, but I can find no way.

jsanfilippo
05-31-2007, 01:06 PM
You'll need 2 dual head graphics cards for a total of 4 monitor outs.
Run Songshow program out on 1 monitor, songshow control screen on another, and VT on a third.

Choose a coloured background for your song lyrics, and use a white text with an edge or blackoutline.

Use the VTCapture utility and set it to capture the Songshow program out. VTCapture has a chromakey function - choose the colour of your song background to key out.

You can then select the VTCaptured screen in the DSK and simply key it directly over VT program out. This still gives you Preview intact.

Email me directly if you need some help. It works very well.... but takes some configuration. :)