PDA

View Full Version : The Object ID !

alifx
05-15-2007, 06:51 AM
Hi all

I have a question about what called Object ID!
I can't search the forums because I get error every time I search!

I heard that it will make easier for the developers to make better CA tools and instancing tools etc...

this will be in layout of course, so what is for modeler?

what can Object ID do for modeler and the possible improvements it can offer? or it will affect in modeler anyway :D ?

hope I get answers :)

cheers

Sensei
05-15-2007, 06:57 AM
Modeler's object have no LWItemID..

alifx
05-15-2007, 07:52 AM
so sad

thank you sensei... you now much about programming, so can you tell me if there was Object ID for modeler what it can offer?

because I think that with object ID they can make History or Instancing, duplicating and Paint!

correct me, maybe I'm wrong!

sorry for these questions but I want to know where the future of modeler will be.

other modeling softwares are growing day by day, and our modeler need many thing's to improve and change.

Sensei
05-15-2007, 08:59 AM
thank you sensei... you now much about programming, so can you tell me if there was Object ID for modeler what it can offer?

ObjectID is myth (send it to Mythbusters to verify).. It's just constant value identifing object written in *.LWS, instead of calculated each time you load scene..

because I think that with object ID they can make History or Instancing, duplicating and Paint!

correct me, maybe I'm wrong!

You're overestimating meaning of this..
Things mentioned above *can* be done without LW92 ObjectID changes..

alifx
05-15-2007, 10:08 AM
:ohmy: :D

stupid questions no?

hehehehehe

I'm not a programmer! and I know nothing about these things,

thanks alot sensei :thumbsup: