PDA

View Full Version : Do these Lightwave Plugins still exist?

OrvilleB
05-14-2007, 08:31 PM
I am fairly new to Lightwave and am thinking of purchasing some plugins. Today, I got a training video from KURV giving a free lesson on a plugin called Maestro from Stillwater Pictures. I searched the web and couldn't find a single reference to it less than 2 years old. I also looked at several plugins from a site by Pawel Olas. Once agan, the post are at least 6 months old. I know LWCAD 2.1 from WTools exists because I just purchased it. I assume Worley Labs still exists. But this is my question: What is the record of companies just disappearing in the Lightwave community. I'd hate to pay several hundred dollars via PayPal and get nothing back. Also, what plugins do you think are definitely worth the money?

andrew_y
05-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Maestro is still out there and supported, Pawel Olas and Worley as well. If you are unsure, just shoot the developer an email stating your concern. If you dont here from them within a certain amount of time, it might be better to play it safe and research an alternative.

borkus
05-14-2007, 09:25 PM
what andrew_y said. and flay.com is always being updated with current plug-ins. and asking in here in the third party section will almost always get a response from somebody. what is worth the money? depends on your needs. just purchased lwcad. that was a given. true hair is definitely on my "to get" list someday. on that note, it would be nice to get the pack sensei had going on. haven't checked if it's still going. $300 or so for a bunch of must haves... fprime is another given. dynamite would be nice. though i'm hearing about other options for that. so many, with so few dollars...

philipsavage
05-15-2007, 02:44 AM
Maestro is available from http://www.stillwaterpictures.com/maestro/. There you can download a 14 day demo version or purchase a full version for $149.95.