PDA

View Full Version : switching between modeler and lightwave is very slow

tyrell
05-13-2007, 11:41 PM
Does anyone know why is very slow switching between modeler and lightwave? If I do a small change in modeler it takes about 40 seconds before lightwave is updated. I'm on a fast PC with a fast video card and lots of ram.

Sensei
05-14-2007, 03:23 AM
Do you have Windows XP SP2 firewall turned on? Do you have any other firewall? Disconnect computer from LAN/internet, close them and try..

tyrell
05-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Windows XP SP2 firewall is turned off and I tried disconnecting from the LAN but there was no difference. Does the amount of layers that I'm using in Modeler make a difference?

katsh
05-14-2007, 08:33 PM
ya, i feel same slowdown.my PC is not slow,but it take like over 30 secs in everytimes.
i wanna know the solution too.
if we have to shut off firewall,it means we dont have solution.cuz we should not shut FW off.actually we cant shut it off.

Bog
05-15-2007, 02:12 AM
Have you been using the same configs during the beta, and then the launch version? I had a lot of slowdowns/glitches before I nuked and rebuilt my .cfg files.

JML
05-15-2007, 06:45 AM
somebody here had huge slow down and crash with LW9 last week,
scene would not load, modeller would not start (even with firewall off and restart)

yesterday, we found that the last window update was the problem,
we uninstalled that update and it works fine now.
I don't remember which update it was, but I know it was installed on may10..
check which update was installed on this date and uninstall it and see if it helps..

katsh
05-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Have you been using the same configs during the beta, and then the launch version?
exactlly yes.
i wait till japanese version of 9.2 is released.
then by the time see if this problem solve or not.