PDA

View Full Version : Frame limited to 720 x 480

smbunn
05-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Hi, I am learning LW at a training college in Auckland New Zealand. I have used 3DS MAX for a number of years.
I have a simple question for you. Regardless of how I change globals on LW all images are rendered at 720 x 486 (NTSC). I have checked the config file and all seems OK with support for higher resolutions and custom frame sizes. I am trying to render a single frame and have set Save RGB and used TIF, LW_BMP and LW_PNG but all end up giving me a single black and white image of 720 x 486 even though the preview shows colour.

nthused
05-13-2007, 04:15 PM
If you're up to it, just add the DV camera resolution to your lw9.cfg file. It's as easy as copy from a current resolution, pasting onto another line and then editing the 486 to 480.

Just be sure to back up your config first.

I did this at work and at home as I was only using certain resolutions. So I deleted the settings I never used added custom ones for prints C and D sized prints etc. Very easy to do.

smbunn
05-13-2007, 04:36 PM
I am happy editing the CFG file but noted that it already has entries for 1368 x 768 (LCD) etc in there. I can select these but even if I do it only renders at 720 x 486, i.e. it is totally ignoring what I ask for.

nthused
05-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Sorry about that. Misinterpreted your last.

In the Camera Properties dialog box, is the "Use Global" selected? If so deselect that and use the Camera settings. See if that works.