PDA

View Full Version : 9.2 glitches?

05-11-2007, 09:55 AM
1) Saving & re-opening scenes & 'losing' morph targets (target shown in object properties is one object away from original one on list) - this happening to anyone else ?

2) selection strangeness - pick an object in scene editor & a different object or 2 become highlit ?

3) Big scene with lots of figures originally animated with Maestro; in LW proper can render sequence no problem put it to the render farm and each node renders 1 or 2 frames OK, one with missing biys, then freezes. Argh!

medicalart
05-11-2007, 10:05 AM
I've had number 2 on your list-s election strangeness. I'm not sure yet if it affects much, yet.

HanJobSoSlow
05-11-2007, 01:13 PM
I have problem 1

Translated objects also have this problem

I find replacing the object with the same object helps.

Im baking mdds out and using them to save me having to manually replace every object in a scene prior to rendering.

Jumping back to 9.0 if I can bear the speed drop.

Hopefully 9.3 is on the way.

IMI
05-12-2007, 03:28 AM
#2 for me a few times, but I had a really weird version of it yesterday while trying to set up a scene. I kept hitting Shift+L to select my lights, but it kept selecting the camera instead. Shift+C was working for Camera, but also for the lights.
Saved the scene, reopened it, and all was well again.

BeeVee
05-14-2007, 06:28 AM
LightWave 9.2 changed the way ObjectID works. It's good to load a scene up and save it immediately in 9.2 format (just hitting save), and then work on it. This also applies to both source and destination scenes you wish to do a "Load from Scene" on and so on.

B

05-14-2007, 07:52 AM
Even setting up completely in 9.2, when any other object is deleted from the scene the objects to be morphed all loose their morph target - typically trying to morph to an object one after the one they were originally pointed at.