PDA

View Full Version : Network rendering in Lightwave

amarneethi
05-11-2007, 04:13 AM
Hey yo people.... Im very new to Lightwave.... I know nothing about lightwave.... But I heared that there is no extra license needed for each rendering nodes in a network render farm while we use Lightwave....
As if in the case of Maya and Max we need seperate Mental Ray license for each render node.... I want to know whether we need separate license for each render node or not.....

amarneethi
05-11-2007, 04:20 AM
Since I saw the demo reel of Lightwave 9.2....
I came to know the potential of Lightwave.....
Since I felt that Lightwave can do whatever that we can do in Maya.......
When I saw the price of Lightwave, Im much excited and planned migrating from expensive Maya to same Powerful Lightwave.....
But please anybody clear my doubt that I posted before this post.....
thanks in advance to those who clear my doubts
:thumbsup:

Ztreem
05-11-2007, 04:41 AM
I'm quite sure that with one LightWave license you get 999 render nodes, so you don't have to buy a license for every node, but I have never used the network rendering, so I'm not absolutly sure. But alot of people here do use it so someone should be able to answer you, otherwise I suggest you contact Newtek and they can answer all your questions.

I'm excited to hear that you consider to buy LightWave after seeing the community demo reel of 9.2, as one of the contributers to that demo reel it feels nice. :D

trentonia
05-11-2007, 08:14 AM
That is correct. With your LW license you can use up to 999 render nodes with screamernet. There are also online rendering services available such as http://www.respower.com

Matt
05-11-2007, 08:32 AM
Well, technically speaking, ScreamerNet has a limit of 999 nodes, but if you use a third-party network controller, such as the excellent ButterflyNetRender (http://www.liquiddreamsolutions.com/butterflynet.html), (Professional version) you have access to unlimited nodes.

Out of the box, nothing beats LW in this regard.

Check out my PDF / video tutorials for setting up ScreamerNet in my signature.

Ztreem
05-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Well, technically speaking, ScreamerNet has a limit of 999 nodes, but if you use a third-party network controller, such as the excellent ButterflyNetRender (http://www.liquiddreamsolutions.com/butterflynet.html), (Professional version) you have access to unlimited nodes.

Out of the box, nothing beats LW in this regard.

Check out my PDF / video tutorials for setting up ScreamerNet in my signature.

You mean that you don't have to buy a new license for the nodes above 999?

Matt
05-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Not it you use the Pro version of BNR, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's the case. Anyone ... ?

amarneethi
05-11-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm quite sure that with one LightWave license you get 999 render nodes, so you don't have to buy a license for every node, but I have never used the network rendering, so I'm not absolutly sure. But alot of people here do use it so someone should be able to answer you, otherwise I suggest you contact Newtek and they can answer all your questions.

I'm excited to hear that you consider to buy LightWave after seeing the community demo reel of 9.2, as one of the contributers to that demo reel it feels nice. :D

I thought that Open GL graphics cards are necessary for rendering good quality results..... And obviously Im using Quadro Fx1500... Is Lightwave working with GeForce Cards as Maya never supports GeForce Cards and also insist us not use those GeForces.....

Can You explain in detail.....

Ztreem
05-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Lightwave doesn't use the graphics card for rendering, just for OpenGL in the viewports and a GeForce card works fine in LW.

lede
05-11-2007, 09:03 AM
I thought that Open GL graphics cards are necessary for rendering good quality results..... And obviously Im using Quadro Fx1500... Is Lightwave working with GeForce Cards as Maya never supports GeForce Cards and also insist us not use those GeForces.....

Can You explain in detail.....

OpenGL in LW is only for preview of your environment. LW in rednering doesn't use any video card stuff so technically you could have the cheepest little card on the market and still render with the same results. I've read LW works best with nVidia cards.

-Lee