PDA

View Full Version : 9.2 won't license correctly

PixelFarmer
05-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Hey:
I'm having trouble licensing 9.2.

My LW Dir is C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9\Programs
I removed all the 9.0 files and copied the 9.2 files most of which are dated 5/3/07

LW started up Discovery Mode, so I ran the registration command.
After registering, the message was:

License Key Successfully Written.
Restart Lightwave to end Discovery Mode.

But when I restart LW, I get:

You license key was not found.
Running in Discovery Mode

I looked in the license.key file it contains the correct number.

Hmm.

Thanks.

Bytehawk
05-10-2007, 10:42 AM
does it contain ONLY the number (one, not 2 lines)
no spaces before or after

is your dongle driver current ? if not, head on over to the sentinel site, unplug the dongle and install the new drivers, then re-insert the dongle

site : http://www.safenet-inc.com/support/tech/sentinel.asp

PixelFarmer
05-10-2007, 01:52 PM
I installed Sentinel Protection Installer 7.3.3.exe, rebooted, and re-licensed Layout.
Still having the same problem.

I opened the license.key and noticed that it does have an extra blank line, which I deleted, but still no luck.

I also opened the device manager to verify that the hardware key is visible to the system.

Anymore suggestions?
Thanks.

PixelFarmer
05-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Also, I backed up my LW9 directory, and I can still run 9.0 w/out a problem.
When I copy the license.key from the 9.0 dir (which has 2 numbers in it) to the 9.2 dir, 9.2 still runs in discovery mode.

What could cause this? Are there some files in the 9.0 install that are missing in the 9.2 install?

Thanks.

Animapper
05-10-2007, 02:36 PM
This happened to a few of us when moving over to 9.2 in the beta program. My issue was there was a space in there that I didn't see. Make sure it is one line and NOTHING else...

Regards,

PixelFarmer
05-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Ok, here's another weird clue.

When I put the last license number from the beta program into the license.key file, Layout launches and tells me I have 6 days remaining on my license (So 9.2 lives!). Note that my license.key for the beta has a return at the end of line 1 and it still works, so I don't think that's the issue.

Next, I choose the registration command and enter my LW 9 License.key, it tells me that it has registered successfully, I reboot and am back in discovery mode.
When I open the license.key, the number matches the License Key in my Product Registration, which I just rechecked on my NewTek registration page.

I don't doubt that I'm missing something here, but I'm perplexed!
Thanks for the suggestions.
M

PixelFarmer
05-10-2007, 03:22 PM
<Red Faced>
As it turns out, I installed the latest Beta instead of the final build of 9.2.
Duh, what a doofus.
Thanks for the help.
M