PDA

View Full Version : Undo surface changes

mop91212
05-10-2007, 03:23 AM
Hi,

Is there a way to undo surface changes?

When i chage some texture settings to see how it looks then i have to load the object again to recover the original surface.

Am i missing something?

toonafish
05-10-2007, 04:03 AM
Layout only has a (kind off) undo for keyframing...that's it.

So better savelot.

you could also copy a surface into memory and paste it back later, or save it to the hd, if you're going to experiment and have something you want to keep.

Bytehawk
05-10-2007, 04:45 AM
you can also double click on the surface preview to save a preset in the preset shelf

Surrealist.
05-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Yeah exactly. You open the preset shelf (F8) so you can see it and use that to first save your surface settings so you can have something to go back to. Double click in the little preview window of the surface editor (the one set to a cube or sphere) and that will load it in the preset. Then experiment away like that going back and forth between settings. To load a setting double click on it in the preset shelf.

Also another interesting tip, if you right click on the preset and choose "set name" there is an option to also enter a description. This will show up at the bottom of the preset shelf window as you hover over that preset. So you could have reminder notes on different settings that will help tell you which one to go back to.

You can also create libraries and so on too.

Would be an interesting feature request to have more naming and note functionality to the preset shelf. Not sure I understand the whole thing though so there might be other tips in this regard.