PDA

View Full Version : set scale plugin

Exception
05-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Since the forum search is botched... does anyone have the set scale plugin?

Thanks

Matt
05-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Not sure if you mean the one I wrote, but here it is:

1) Pick two points you know the real life distance of (it actually uses the first and last point despite how many are picked, so you can select points that are inline down one axis - saves time deselecting points that aren't needed)

2) Run script

3) It shows the LightWave measured distance, now punch in the distance you WANT it to be

4) You can optionally choose which axis to scale, useful for accurate stretching

The plugin will scale _everything_ on all ACTIVE layers to make the distance between the two points the same as the 'real' distance specified. You also have the option to scale using the bounding box centre (of the whole object visible) or from the world 0,0,0 coords.

Hope it's useful!

Matt

Matt
05-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Here is the interface to it:

Exception
05-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Not sure if you mean the one I wrote, but here it is:

Ohhhh, such wonderful goodness, what a beautiful world with people like you in it...

*melts*

Here's a kitten for you.

PS, Want me to host that plugin for you on my server? Then it can go into Flay to make more people melt from happiness...

http://www.except.nl/overig/uploads/kittens/wuzthisbig.jpg

Matt
05-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Sure you can host it! Glad you found it useful!

Exception
05-09-2007, 09:57 PM
It is done!
Tell me if something is not to your liking :)

http://www.except.nl/lightwave/examplescenes.htm

faulknermano
05-09-2007, 11:10 PM
here's another one. been adding stuff to it progressively for the past two years. it's a setvalue and sizer in one interface. here are some notable features: just like matt's script, it can take two points or more points and scale the contents of the FG layer into a specified size. also, it can also scale only the connected points, not the whole layer. you can also use the background layer as a size reference so that the user input is overriden.

you can also have the option of stretching the model so that the scaling effect follows only the user-specified axis, as well as specifying the origin the scaling effect. a "set value" feature is also implemented in the script, but is used for other things.

the button labels may be enigmatic at first, because i was just using this for my own workflow.

Matt
05-10-2007, 04:28 AM
Tried it, looks complex for a simple scale plugin, but I guess it does far more than mine!

tonybliss
05-10-2007, 04:56 AM
Lol :)

faulknermano
05-10-2007, 06:06 AM
yeah, well, it was really patched up as i went on with modelling. i didnt really sit down and write a clean interface for it. i just got a bunch of funcs from different places, one of which was a custom setvalue script and just glued it in there. the useBG buttons make this pretty evident. :) but, of course, there's more than meets the eye. ;)

peter coley
02-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks a lot that was just perfect for what I wanted:thumbsup:

Matt
02-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Not sure if you meant mine, but the latest version is on my pixsim site. I added some new functions to it.

http://www.pixsim.co.uk/lightwave_lscripts.html

Wade
02-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Matt -

I have used that plug in almost every time I model as I often bring in work from EPS files.
Thanks for your work past present and future and really glad you are a part of the NT team now.

Wade

Matt
02-17-2011, 06:18 AM
Matt -

I have used that plug in almost every time I model as I often bring in work from EPS files.
Thanks for your work past present and future and really glad you are a part of the NT team now.

Wade

Thanks Wade, it's good to know people find it useful! :)

Exception
02-19-2011, 11:16 AM
hey you didn't even tell me it was updated. Should update it on the except site...

probiner
02-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Since the forum search is botched...
Saw a tip in the foruns earlier where you can use google to search the foruns. In your case it would be like

Set Scale site:http://www.newtek.com/forums

It has helped me sometimes with the small words, or very common ones.