PDA

View Full Version : Hypervoxel presets gone

BarkingTreefrog
05-09-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm working on some effects for a animation, added particles and all. Now I go to texture them, using the Hypervoxel presets, and they aren't there. Nothing. They are all on my computer, just not in Lightwave.

Does anyone know how to add them back into LightWave? Thanks.

bloontz
05-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Did you have the HyperVoxels panel open? The preset shelf is context sensitive. Otherwise I don't know.

arsad
05-09-2007, 03:54 PM
And be sure to enter the right path in the options panel (o). The last tab
called path will contain an entry called presets, there you must enter the
correct path.

BarkingTreefrog
05-09-2007, 04:10 PM
I set the path, and I still only get an empty Workspace window. No other choices, as there should be. but at least I can click on the empty window. I couldn't even do that before checking the path.

arsad
05-09-2007, 04:51 PM
and you are sure that it is the right path and that you have the HV-panel open?

BarkingTreefrog
05-10-2007, 09:07 AM
Yes, HV panel is open and the path is set to the Hypervoxel Presets folder.

arsad
05-10-2007, 12:51 PM
There we have the culprit! You have to set the general presets path e.g.:
c:\LightWave\programs\presets
then it works

BarkingTreefrog
05-10-2007, 01:30 PM
So if I understand correctly, in the Preferences (o), under Paths tab, it lists all the different areas, i.e. Scenes, Objects, Envelopes, Motions, Animations, Presets, Surfaces, etc. So under the Presets area, I should set that to \NewTek\Lightwave 3D 9\programs\Presets. Correct?

If that is the case, then we have still have a problem, because that is how it is set up right now. Any ideas on what the problem is?

bloontz
05-10-2007, 01:46 PM
In my path options I have the default settings (Use custom paths unchecked) with the presets path blank and everything works. You could try that. Else maybe you have a config problem.

BarkingTreefrog
05-10-2007, 01:58 PM
OK, I uncheck Custom Paths, but it still wants me to set a path for the Presets. All of the others gray out, except Presets. So it still wants me to set something there.

If it is a config problem, how would I fix that on a Mac?

bloontz
05-10-2007, 03:49 PM
While the presets path in my path options isn't grayed out like the rest it's still blank. I've never messed with it so that's how it was when I installed. I'm on a PC and have my configs redirected to my Lightwave programs folder. On a mac I think the configs should be in your Home/Library/Preferences folder. There is a bunch of files that start with LightWave. You could try moving them out of the Preferences folder and let Lightwave rebuild them. You will loose all your settings. I'm not sure where the paths are stored, The config files are just text files except for the .plist one so you can look through them and try to find the one that stores the paths.

BarkingTreefrog
05-10-2007, 05:17 PM
bloontz -
You got it! I found the LightWave Layout 9 Prefs, moved it to the desktop, opened Layout again, opened up the scene again, opened the Hypervoxel window, clicked on Presets, and there they all were. I'll have to reset all of my other preferences, but that is a small price to pay to have everything working again. Thank you.

bloontz
05-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Glad you sorted it. Sometimes config files get messed up, it's good to be aware of them as a place to look if you are having problems.