PDA

View Full Version : compatibility mode - surface editor

SaT
05-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Are there any advantages turning this option to default when not working with 8.5 files? What is the difference between these options?

DonAVP
05-09-2007, 07:55 PM
What is compatibility mode? I don't have any idea what you are talking about. Could you explain a little more what it is you want to know.

Don

Exception
05-09-2007, 08:56 PM
There were some errors in the old LW shading model that were corrected, I think in the bump channel mostly. It works correctly now but for surfaces made pre-8.5, they maintain the old model so the scenes will look the same when rendered.

Turning this option on for new surfaces is reverting back to the erroneous model.

SaT
05-10-2007, 01:04 AM
What is compatibility mode? I don't have any idea what you are talking about. Could you explain a little more what it is you want to know.

Don

You will find that option at the bottom of the advanced tab in surface editor (since 9.2).

Turning this option on for new surfaces is reverting back to the erroneous model.

So to be 100% sure when working with new objects that were created in 9.2 the default option is the first choice.
But I wonder if there is a way to make default the default? Right now it is always set to 8.5. Any idea?:stumped: