PDA

View Full Version : Acrobat 3d

Iain
05-09-2007, 04:54 AM
Anybody have any experience in opening .lwo models in Acrobat?

I can't get the Open GL textures to appear.

Cobalt
05-09-2007, 09:20 AM
I tried the 30 day demo of Acrobat 3D and had no problems using my LWOs. Enclosed is a test I made using one of my frozen character models. I hope my company makes the purchase so I can learn more about Acrobat 3D.

Iain
05-09-2007, 09:24 AM
Thanks Cobalt. I downloaded the trial earlier and I've worked out how to do it using the included 3d Toolkit application.

Pretty cool piece of software actually!

medicalart
05-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Help! I'm not able to do this. Did you import the .lwo? Or did you follow the OpenGL instructions i.e. did you capture screen? I have the additional problem of being on an Intel Mac, so I'm using windows but don't have the Print Screen key on my keyboard. Did you import the model a different way?

Thanks. Steve

Iain
05-26-2007, 11:10 AM
It opens .lwo files no problem but if you want them textured you need to open it in Toolkit first and find the maps then export as a .u3d which you then open in Acrobat.

medicalart
05-26-2007, 11:14 AM
I was using the Convert to PDF tab, and selected 3D object. I didn't see anyplace to import a .lwo
Which menu do you use to open the .lwo file?
Did you use the screen capture?

Many thanks.

Iain
05-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Just using the Open command lets you import lwo.
I made these steps for a client after I worked it out:

1. Start up Toolkit and use 'Open' to load the lwo file.

2. Expand the Materials dialogue and double click each one in turn. The ‘Browse’ button at the bottom lets you find the images.

3. ‘Save As’ and select the .u3d option

4. Start up Acrobat 3d and click on ‘Create PDF’ then choose ‘From File’

5. Select your .u3d file then just click ‘Save’

medicalart
05-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the info--I will give it a try.