PDA

View Full Version : occlusion shaders?

jat
05-08-2007, 05:24 PM
anyone find any useful AO shaders out there that create smooth transitions?

jameswillmott
05-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Nitisara wrote a nice one.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67415&highlight=fasss

jat
05-08-2007, 05:49 PM
read the end where it says nope, nope, and nope.....NOTHING FOR THE MAC...............I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G M D THREE
05-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Besides the occlusion shader that comes with 9.0 and the one added in 9.2 there is AmbOcc, that is a free shader for mac and pc.
http://www2.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~goetsch/AmbOcc/
There is even a node version of AmbOcc as well, 32 and 64 bit, PC only at the moment.
http://www2.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~goetsch/AmbOccNode/

All create smooth results giving that you pump up the amount of rays to trace.

///

Pomfried
05-09-2007, 12:58 AM
If you are working with nodes you can also use my occlusion node. Either from my nodepack (which is the version which will be updated) or the old standalone version. Both links are in my sig, be sure to check the last pages of the discussion to get the newest version of the standalone node. The link to my nodepack is always pointing the the current version, though the latest one has no mac version, but a few earlier ones have. If you want to I can ask Lightwolf to compile the newest one for mac.

jat
05-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Pomfired, that would be great if you could ask him...thanks

Pomfried
05-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Pomfired, that would be great if you could ask him...thanks

Sorry it took so long, but here it is: http://newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=548800&postcount=22

Props go to Mike/Lightwolf :) Thanks!

Lightwolf
05-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Sorry it took so long...
Yup, I'm to blame here, sorry about that...

Cheers,
Mike

Pomfried
05-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Yup, I'm to blame here, sorry about that...

Cheers,
Mike

But so am I, as I didn't always see your mails :)

jat
05-27-2007, 02:43 PM
no blame... thanks for the effort from everyone involved.....

Pomfried
05-27-2007, 02:46 PM
You're welcome, always happy when I can help someone :)

Weepul
05-28-2007, 01:26 AM
Hey, thanks for the update, Pom and Mike. :) A question, though: a few of the nodes described in the Win32 readme don't seem to be present in the OS X version, particularly Hold Value and Get/Store Material. I was really hoping to give Hold Value a try. :( So, what's up? Can we get that one in?

Pomfried
05-28-2007, 02:49 AM
Now that's weird! Usually they should be in, but as I don't have a Mac I can't test it. Did you try completely removing the old version and adding the new one again from within LW?

Lightwolf
05-28-2007, 04:18 AM
A question, though: a few of the nodes described in the Win32 readme don't seem to be present in the OS X version, particularly Hold Value and Get/Store Material.
*phew* You had me going there for a bit, so I re-checked. They're in there, as Pom said, just make sure you re-add the plugin, otherwise LW won't scan for changes in the .p file.

Cheers,
Mike

Weepul
05-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Ahhhh. My bad, then. Who am I to expect LW to know when I've swapped something out from under it. :D

Thanks for clarifying that. :)

Lightwolf
05-29-2007, 02:55 AM
Ahhhh. My bad, then. Who am I to expect LW to know when I've swapped something out from under it. :D

Well, the alternative would be a full plugin scan at every start of LW... ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Gary Wales
05-30-2007, 10:51 AM
I've been waiting for this for ages - thanks!

However, it loads fine in 9.0 but "Plugins could not be found or could not be added" is all I get using 9.2 on a Mac???

Pomfried
05-30-2007, 10:56 AM
I've been waiting for this for ages - thanks!

However, it loads fine in 9.0 but "Plugins could not be found or could not be added" is all I get using 9.2 on a Mac???

Are you sure you are not trying to add it in the UB version of LW? Because that's not supported yet :)

Gary Wales
05-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Ah ha! But of course, many thanks!

Pomfried
05-30-2007, 02:43 PM
You're welcome!

Maybe there'll be a UB version too. I don't know, really depends on Mike/Lightwolf, if he wants to do compile it and if he can, but he has done so much for me already that I actually don't know how to give something back to him :)
The only thing I'm doing right now is linking to his page as a little advertisement for him and his infinimap pro.

Lightwolf
05-30-2007, 03:07 PM
The only thing I'm doing right now is linking to his page as a little advertisement for him and his infinimap pro.
Lol... thanks, but there really is no need to.

I'll be away for a week but I'll tackle the UB then, is that o.k.?
I've got some more of Denis' plugisn to compile as well...

Cheers,
Mike

3dworks
05-30-2007, 03:15 PM
(....)

I've got some more of Denis' plugisn to compile as well...

Cheers,
Mike

:) :thumbsup:

m.

Pomfried
05-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Lol... thanks, but there really is no need to.
Well, if that's what the master says, Pomfried will have to accept that :P

I'll be away for a week but I'll tackle the UB then, is that o.k.?
Haha, don't ask me, I'm fine with anything. I guess the UB users are more interested in a UB version ;)

Lightwolf
05-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Well, if that's what the master says, Pomfried will have to accept that :P

Hehe... I just feel bad enough about dragging my own ads around sometimes :D

Cheers,
Mike