PDA

View Full Version : Looping a ClothFX motion. Possible?

bamboy
05-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Hello,
I have added ClothFX to the hair of a character so that the hair will sway when the character walks in a walk cycle I have animated. Btw, this is a fairly low-res character and hair is modeled with polygons, anime style. Is there a workflow approach by which I can cause the swaying hair to cleanly loop? In other words, if my walk cycle is from frames 36 to 83, the position of the dynamically swaying hair will be identical at frames 36 and 84. Is that even possible? Should I be using bones or something instead? Any advice would be appreciated. Also, if this is problem is covered well in a commercial training DVD please let me know.
Thanks!

SplineGod
05-08-2007, 07:44 PM
You can but its a bit of a pain. I would animate the hair using another method thats easier to loop such as endomorphs , displacement maps, bones etc

hrgiger
05-08-2007, 08:14 PM
I remember somebody showing a way to do it in Motion Designer but it's been so long ago....

Glendalough
05-09-2007, 05:36 AM
Use an MDD file repeating (the frames you need), may have to make the hair a seperate object. Or if it's all looping, just do a repeating MDD of the lot.

dpont
05-09-2007, 05:49 AM
If you are PC, you could use the "Mapped Time" option and
envelope in MDD_Pointer plugin, in GE go to the end frame
add a key with a value of endframe / framepersecond, and
select repeat as end behavior.
http://perso.orange.fr/dpont/plugins/MDD_Pointer.html

Denis.

Glendalough
05-09-2007, 08:54 AM
If you are PC, you could use the "Mapped Time" option and
envelope in MDD_Pointer plugin, in GE go to the end frame
add a key with a value of endframe / framepersecond, and
select repeat as end behavior.
http://perso.orange.fr/dpont/plugins/MDD_Pointer.html

Denis.

Hi Denis,

Use your Renderman Shader-Textures all the time, especially the "Skylight".

GREAT STUFF!

bamboy
05-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Thank you to all posters. Although I do have PCs I mainly work on Macs so the MDD_pointer plug-in would be out. I'll poke around the MDD and the output files and see what I can figure out. Maybe I'll write a Mac plug-in now that I can use XCode. Thanks for your input!