PDA

View Full Version : All-In-Wonder Lightwave Artist Needed.

rapscallion
05-08-2007, 09:47 AM
We are currently seeking an individual interested in working full-time on a 100% Lightwave animated FEATURE FILM. This is an indie project, so the budget and schedule will be tight - but for the right dedicated candidate, it will be a great opportunity to earn a decent living wage while focusing 100% on something very cool that will get your name and your skills showcased to the world.

Basically, we're searching for an individual who feels comfortable taking concept drawings and animatics that are being created in-house and working to bring them to life as a full animation; this would include modeling/texturing/rigging/animation/world creation/lighting/camera/hair/cloth etc...

If you are in the Los Angeles area, that would be ideal - but it is not required.

Please send links to previous work or demo reels to the this address:

[email protected]

Thanks in advance to all the qualified candidates.

G M D THREE
05-08-2007, 01:39 PM
We are currently seeking an individual interested in working full-time as a 100% Medical physician in our HOSPITAL. This is a private hospital, so working hours will be long for very low pay - but for the right dedicated candidate, it will be a great opportunity to earn a underpaid wage while working on something that will make me a fortune.

Basically, we're searching for an individual who feels comfortable taking all kinds of patients with horrific injuries that are being created in-house and working to bring them to life and to full recovery; this would include: brain surgery, hart transplants, radiology, bypass surgery, plastic surgery, give labor, drive the ambulance etc...

I never figured out why people think that one person alone can do a animated feature and replace the work of thousands of people. Even if such a gifted and so experienced person existed why would he not be working at pixar, blu e sky, dd or dream works. Offering fame and and exposure is such a cheep shoot, like if you are a famous 3d artist, it will get you laid... lol Leaving in NY I know a lot of famous and very broke people. Fame is nothing if you cant capitalize on it.

///

shrox
05-08-2007, 01:58 PM
We are currently seeking an individual interested in working full-time as a 100% Medical physician in our HOSPITAL. This is a private hospital, so working hours will be long for very low pay - but for the right dedicated candidate, it will be a great opportunity to earn a underpaid wage while working on something that will make me a fortune.

Basically, we're searching for an individual who feels comfortable taking all kinds of patients with horrific injuries that are being created in-house and working to bring them to life and to full recovery; this would include: brain surgery, hart transplants, radiology, bypass surgery, plastic surgery, give labor, drive the ambulance etc...

I never figured out why people think that one person alone can do a animated feature and replace the work of thousands of people. Even if such a gifted and so experienced person existed why would he not be working at pixar, blu e sky, dd or dream works. Offering fame and and exposure is such a cheep shoot, like if you are a famous 3d artist, it will get you laid... lol Leaving in NY I know a lot of famous and very broke people. Fame is nothing if you cant capitalize on it.

///

I always thought it was odd that 3d artists didn't know most of them. I do my own modeling, animating, texturing, rigging etc, even when I am working at a place like Sega. I haven't had to use hair and cloth until recently, and then I learn them. The main thing I need is a render farm, I hate reducing the quality of something just so it will render in a reasonable amount of time. I recently had to remove some volumetric lights and replace them with ojects because of the 75 minute render times with motion blur, brought it down to 5 minutes a frame. When I receive 9.2 I hope I will see an increase in speed!

G M D THREE
05-08-2007, 03:27 PM
I always thought it was odd that 3d artists didn't know most of them. I do my own modeling, animating, texturing, rigging etc, even when I am working at a place like Sega.

Don't get me wrong I didn't amply that one can't be an over all 3d artist. I just was pointing out the ridiculousnesses that one person alone could animate a full length, full quality feature film. Every body who thinks that a films like Toy Story or Shrek can be done by one person alone, based on some drawings is tripping.

///

shrox
05-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Don't get me wrong I didn't amply that one can't be an over all 3d artist. I just was pointing out the ridiculousnesses that one person alone could animate a full length, full quality feature film. Every body who thinks that a films like Toy Story or Shrek can be done by one person alone, based on some drawings is tripping.

///
Plus there is the time factor, no matter how good somebody might be, it would take a long time for one person to model, animate and render for a feature length film.

jameswillmott
05-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Years probably.

Captain Obvious
05-09-2007, 02:37 AM
Years probably.
If it took only years, Rustboy would be out by now. Try decades.

rapscallion
05-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Hello Everyone...just thought I'd drop in to leave a quick reply for some of the extremely negative people lurking out in Lightwave Land.

First of all, if you don't like the listing, you don't need to apply.

Second, my ad clearly states a FAIR LIVING WAGE - this is not a free position, nor is it the type of position that will put anyone in an unfair living situation. The rate is fair and akin to what you'd make as an animator if working within the Animation Guild.

Third, my add never suggested that we'd be making something at the level of TOY STORY or SHREK. We're making an indie movie and the small team already working (and getting paid without complaint) are doing a great job and having a lot of fun.

If you are negative and greedy and are driven purely by money, we wouldn't want you even if we were paying top industry dollar.

And if you are creatively stunted so much as to believe that only films like TOY STORY and SHREK can be fun to watch or work on - then we don't want you.

But if there is someone out there that wants to make a fair living wage while working on a very cool and unique project specifically planned with achievability as a key design factor, then please feel free to get in touch.

Thanks!

johnnyh66
05-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Hello Everyone...just thought I'd drop in to leave a quick reply for some of the extremely negative people lurking out in Lightwave Land.

Second, my ad clearly states a FAIR LIVING WAGE - this is not a free position, nor is it the type of position that will put anyone in an unfair living situation. The rate is fair and akin to what you'd make as an animator if working within the Animation Guild.

Third, my add never suggested that we'd be making something at the level of TOY STORY or SHREK. We're making an indie movie and the small team already working (and getting paid without complaint) are doing a great job and having a lot of fun.

If you are negative and greedy and are driven purely by money, we wouldn't want you even if we were paying top industry dollar.

And if you are creatively stunted so much as to believe that only films like TOY STORY and SHREK can be fun to watch or work on - then we don't want you.

But if there is someone out there that wants to make a fair living wage while working on a very cool and unique project specifically planned with achievability as a key design factor, then please feel free to get in touch.

Thanks!

:agree:

I'm always amazed at some peoples conduct on these boards.
Many of you are not as anonymuos as you may think.
It's easy to trace you around the net, from forum to forum.
You should keep that in mind.

G M D THREE
05-13-2007, 02:00 AM

Thanks!

There is a difference between being optimistic and being naive.
Yes my post was very ironic and negative. Unfortunately you don't get it. So I will say it again. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR A SINGLE PERSON TO ANIMATE A FEATURE FILM.
Saying feature film, even indie is about 60-90 long. No human being is able to do a that amount of choreographed 3d animation alone, no matter how simple, even if the characters are made out of cubes.

Maybe you have already a big team of animators and CG artist already working on it and you miss worded your post making the impression you are looking for a single person doing it all. In that case I would have to apologizes.

///

G M D THREE
05-13-2007, 02:20 AM

I never assumed I was anonymous having the URL of my site in my profile. Its "rapscallion" who plays the anonymous card, asking people to apply for a job under a yahoo address. I believe that a employee should provide more transparency and credibility if he wants to be taken seriously.

///

HanJobSoSlow
05-13-2007, 07:46 AM
If it took only years, Rustboy would be out by now. Try decades.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

HanJobSoSlow
05-13-2007, 07:48 AM

Oh NOES the NET police!

CAClark
05-15-2007, 07:17 AM
There is a difference between being optimistic and being naive.
Yes my post was very ironic and negative. Unfortunately you don't get it. So I will say it again. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR A SINGLE PERSON TO ANIMATE A FEATURE FILM.
Saying feature film, even indie is about 60-90 long. No human being is able to do a that amount of choreographed 3d animation alone, no matter how simple, even if the characters are made out of cubes.

Maybe you have already a big team of animators and CG artist already working on it and you miss worded your post making the impression you are looking for a single person doing it all. In that case I would have to apologizes.

///

If you took the time to read the post properly in context before concentrating so hard on being a smart ***, you would realise the listing wasn't specifically stating the person would be responsible for the whole movie, it simply outlined the desire for an "all rounder".

Whelkn
05-15-2007, 10:48 PM
I have worked with the poster before and he is a great guy--anyone that passes on the opportunity from a couple of negative post are just missing out--I owe my entire career to this guy---and I now work on major motion pictures--making far more than a far living wage-----so he is the real deal---

G M D THREE
05-16-2007, 12:08 AM
If you took the time to read the post properly in context before concentrating so hard on being a smart ***, you would realise the listing wasn't specifically stating the person would be responsible for the whole movie, it simply outlined the desire for an "all rounder".

I took the time to read it even between the lines. And it smelled very fishy.
So my natural instinct was to challenge the post. ... so call me a smart a.s.s. I don't care.

It is very unlikely that a feature film that is about to begin production would look for single individual. Post for such sound more like: The BlaBla studio is stating production on a new animated feature hiring: "long list of positions"
Even already in production if you have few hundred people working on it you have a big enough network to find a extra one!

Somebody having to say that it is a very cool project, offering worldwide exposure is just a cheep camouflage for something that is missing, like credibility you will ever get paid. Its like trying to hook up you friend with the ugly girl pointing out she has great personality.

Now, how many of you worked on a animated feature and think the post above is absolutely legit?
How many of you got stiffed on a project that was aiming high and didn't go anywhere?
How many of you can name me there favorite 10 animated indie CG feature films?

On a personal note to "rapscallion", my post was not motivated by greed but rather by the lack of credibility of your post.

///

rapscallion
05-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Hei everyone...just wanted to drop in to say thanks to all the positive minded folks that have taken the time to inquire about the project...there are more than a few qualified individuals, and we've already made a couple decisions...

If anyone else would like to be considered for a part in this project, please don't hesitate. I know there is some negativity flashing on the forum over this post, but I can promise you we won't be hiring anyone with that kind of attitude - so don't let that scare you off.

We're very much into having fun, making cool work and hopefully getting a solid little buzz happening around this project as we get deeper into it.

And a special thanks to Whelkn for speaking up. It is easy for people to blast, but it is rare for people to actually step up with a kind word.

And if anyone of you would like to know more about me, just feel free to look me up...my name is JUSTIN PAUL RITTER and I've been working in the biz since 1994, and more specifically in FX and Animation since 1998. I've got a slightly out-of-date website for my last live-action project here:

http://katiebirdthemovie.com/

This current project is my first feature animation, but I've got a long history with the investor and our distributor (yes, we already have distribution) is very supportive and confident about the project.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone else that likes to enjoy what they do.

...wishing the best...

[email protected]

johnnyh66
05-22-2007, 11:13 AM
Hi Justin, I just sent you an e-mail w/demo link.
Thanks,
John