PDA

View Full Version : Hi there from NZ

musick
05-08-2007, 02:41 AM
Greeting all.

Thought i'd introduce myself. Currently a student using Lightwave 8.5 but will be shifting to 9.2 in the next few weeks. Im pretty new to 3d modelling and absolutely love it.
Anyway I thought you would be able to give me some advice and direction for my first light wave modelling project. This will either be a mig 29 or a su 35. Does anyone know where i can get colour plans from? I have some black and white plans which I can possibly use as bump maps.

Anyway thanks all, I look forward to learning off you all.

gristle
05-08-2007, 03:36 AM
Hi there. Where are you studying? Im based in Wellington.

Heres a link to several plans, might help you along. Check out the portfolio as well, some good product renders.

http://www.suurland.com/

musick
05-08-2007, 04:48 AM
Hey mate, im in auckland, studying at natcoll.

Thanks for the link, mighty fine site. I will make sure i do check out the portfolio:thumbsup:

DiedonD
05-08-2007, 05:03 AM
Welcome aboard. Nice cat btw. Whats its name? So you prefer modeling non organic stuff huh? Im quite contrary. I prefer organic, but when you have a project that wants them all, and you dont have non organic modellers, then your not asked about your preferences that much you know what I mean.

Anywho, welcome aboard.

Bytehawk
05-08-2007, 06:18 AM
welcome,

nice avatar !

Exception
05-08-2007, 08:30 AM
You can always tell the good ones by the kitty.

Welcome! :)

musick
05-09-2007, 02:41 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome. Im not sure of the cats name, it is a attempt at making my cat jealous, and tricking her into being more active. So far no luck.

Diedond: I enjoy modeling organic stuff aswell, just chose a aircraft as i have to intergrate the model into a photo nicely. I had an idea with the aircraft banking around a building i see outof my classroom. It has mirriored windows so im hoping i can arrange some polygons and mirror the bottom of the jet in the windows of the building.
Having said that, my modelling experiance is very small so i didnt want to bite off more than i can chew. Am looking forward to it tho.