PDA

View Full Version : How to bake a motion?

moc
05-07-2007, 05:17 AM
Hi,
An [object A] with some rotate & scale motions...
besides that,
It got a motion modifier : point constraint to follow two null at different time...

Now,I try to bake a motion of a [Object A].Ofcause contain the MM info....

How?

Thanks...^^...

SplineGod
05-07-2007, 11:39 AM
In the graph editor select the channels from the channel bin youve applied the motion modifiers to and hit the b key (bake).

Outside the graph editor apply the motion baker plugin.

moc
05-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Thank you,Sir!!
but where is the "motion baker plugin"?
Is that one I post?

stevecullum
05-07-2007, 02:39 PM
I think Splinegod was offering two different methods of baking motion. I normally use the motion baker plugin (as you seem to have done) to bake out motion curves. When you press play on the timeline a key is placed for every frame of the motion you have for the channels you have chosen.

moc
05-08-2007, 04:31 AM
Sorry,
maybe I missed some bake processing...
1.I used the motion baker plugin..
2.I got a new extra set "AfterIK:X,Y,Z" channel...

I found the AfterIK channel were the same as my orginal object channel...
don't incude the MM info....

bsales
05-08-2007, 03:06 PM
I have had very similar problems with a car rig I'm working on. Lightwave doesn't always include motion modifiers when baking or following other objects.

I ended up creating a bunch of additional NULLs as bakers. Using a combo of follower, constraints or expressions to copy motion data over to the new NULL I was able to bake the motion out at that point when it otherwise wouldn't work. I never found an exact formula as to which one worked when, but was able to find ways to bake out the motion - It's was just a time-consuming trial and error processes.

Follower and expressions also allow you to select world space and After IK. Both options helped sometimes to give the correct results. Also note that if you use the motion baker to bake to additional channels - you must use the channel follower (in the graph editor) to use that motion. You can bake directly to an objects XYZ motion channels, but LW gives an error whenever you load the scene... in my case about 12 of them.

Good Luck

moc
05-09-2007, 12:37 AM
I have had very similar problems with a car rig I'm working on. Lightwave doesn't always include motion modifiers when baking or following other objects.

I ended up creating a bunch of additional NULLs as bakers. Using a combo of follower, constraints or expressions to copy motion data over to the new NULL I was able to bake the motion out at that point when it otherwise wouldn't work. I never found an exact formula as to which one worked when, but was able to find ways to bake out the motion - It's was just a time-consuming trial and error processes.

Follower and expressions also allow you to select world space and After IK. Both options helped sometimes to give the correct results. Also note that if you use the motion baker to bake to additional channels - you must use the channel follower (in the graph editor) to use that motion. You can bake directly to an objects XYZ motion channels, but LW gives an error whenever you load the scene... in my case about 12 of them.

Good Luck

Yes,
you're right..

1.I tried to add each channel follower to object'sX,Y,Z channel to follow motion baker's [AfterIK]'s X,Y,Z channel......then bake..
Got some useless info...

2.Then I tried to add each channel follower to motion baker's [AfterIK]'s X,Y,Z channe to follow constrainter's X,Y,Z channel......and baking...
Got some useless info too.....

bsales
05-09-2007, 04:12 AM
Moc,

If I understand what you are trying to do, I think I may have a possible solution... Here's what I got to work by doing a little test.

- I set up a NULL(A) that is constrained to two other NULLs(B&C). It is handed off in the middle of the animation
- A fourth NULL(D) works only as a baker. This one uses "Follower" to match the motion of NULL A.
- In follower turn off "World Coordinates" and "After IK"
- Place a "Motion Baker" after Follower for NULL D. I baked the motion to the XYZ position of the NULL, but you should be able to use additional channels if you want - you will need to use channel folowers to get the motion to another object.
- Play through the scene and the motion should bake to keys. Make sure to turn off "Play at Exact Rate" in options to ensure you capture all frames. Once baked, you should be able to turn off all the motion modifiers.

Hope this helps

Brian

nnasr.rm
06-11-2009, 12:46 PM
thank u bsales

u saved my project with that tip...