PDA

View Full Version : Sub Project 3D Move and Crash bug

lcress
05-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Sure would be nice to be able to stack a couple of key layers in a Sub Project and still have them key. If you take 2 CG layers and make them into a sub project, the key disappears.

Also, it would be handy if you could take the sub-project and move it in 3D. The control tree only shows color correction as an option. I can't attach a pre-canned DVE to a sub-project either.

And, there seems to be a bug in the sub project. If you set up a multi-layer key as described above, make it a sub-project and then right click to expand the sub-project, SE crashes every time for me. I've tried different combinations of keying, not keying, and it still crashes when I try to expand the sub-project.

Not being able to build a multi-layer key and move it around is a work flow stopper. I will have to resort to the old way of building those types of effects in After Effects, render there, import . . . yada yada. Sure would be great if I could skip AE and do it all in SE.

Hopefully, I am missing some simple step somewhere. But there does seem to be a bug in the sub-project routine. Apologies if this has been hashed before.

SBowie
05-07-2007, 06:51 AM
Subprojects will alpha retained and a fully populated control tree is something I've been asking for since well before SE appeared. It would be enormously useful, and is near the top of my wishlist - well ahead of DVE's with overlays for me. I think we'll eventually see it, if not in the upcoming upgrade I'll keep hoping...

I remember running into some crashes like yours way back when, but they eventually disappeared. I can't remember the details, but it may have been about the time I got rid of my old gfx card.

lcress
05-07-2007, 09:06 AM
I remember running into some crashes like yours way back when, but they eventually disappeared. I can't remember the details, but it may have been about the time I got rid of my old gfx card.

FYI, I have this loaded on my laptop. The graphics card is an NVidia Quadra FX Go 1400 with 256 MB ram. According to the specs on the SE website, this should pass muster. I also have 2 GB of Ram. All other functions seem to running properly.

Just thought someone should know about the bug.

SBowie
05-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Just to mention it, there's a cool mechanism for reporting an SE bug right in the Windows Start Menu section for NewTek>Speed Edit.

Kurt_Henning
05-07-2007, 10:18 AM
make sure the "hardware accelleration" is set to full on the laptop.

If it's not 100%, SE did not fire on my laptop, but after that I have had good luck.