PDA

View Full Version : Walk Cycle question

towfish
05-06-2007, 02:17 PM
I have a character in my scene and I'm able to create a walk cycle and move the character forward appropriately. My question is how do I contiue the walk? Instead of taking 2 steps and stopping I want to smoothly take 10 steps. Is there a copy paste type thing to duplicate the characters movements? The scene (walls/floor) must stay put. There are 60 frames in this walk cycle.

I thought the scene editor would perform this function but I'm not sure what I'm looking at....

thanx

G M D THREE
05-06-2007, 10:35 PM
There is multiple ways how you could achieve that. Important is that your first and last key frames of your bones are the same, so you can extend the already existing loop. Open Graph Editor, select all bones, in GE hit upper case "G" it will open the values of all bones. Select all the channels and choose on the bottom where it says post behavior from the pull down "Repeat". That makes your walk cycle infinitely long.

You can also use the dope sheet and copy and past multiple key frames at once. By repeating this you can extend the cycle as long as you need it, instead to infinite.

Hope this is helpfully.

///

SplineGod
05-06-2007, 11:02 PM
I would do a search on this forum. I know this has been asked and answered in detail many times. :)

towfish
05-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Thanx guys, I was able to fumble through the graph editor and get it done.