PDA

View Full Version : volume rendering

bitshift
05-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi All,
In LWvolume.h LWVEF_RAYTRACE is described as below, but in the latest builds it is set in the volumetric pass that occurs before pixel filtering but after normal rendering unlike the description. Is this intentional new behavior without an updated description or a bug?
If its intentional how can i identify the volumetric pass after normal rendering?
Is the camera shift supposed to be the same as the raytrace shift?

"
LWVEF_RAYTRACE
If this flag is absent, the evaluation function is being called during the volumetric pass that occurs before pixel filtering but after normal rendering. Otherwise the evaluation function is being called during "regular" raytracing (reflection, refraction or shadow rays, for example).

#define LWVEF_RAYTRACE (1<<2) // raytracing context
#define LWVEF_CAMERA (1<<2) // the ray originates from the camera
"
Thanks

bitshift
05-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Hi All,
It appears I was wrong in my assumptions from reading the docs. This flag is only set when the volume is being evaluated from a ray. I hope this helps others.

reply from newtek:
You are incorrect. The documenation states the following:

lwvolume.h:
#define LWVEF_RAYTRACE (1<<2) // raytracing context

volume.html:
LWVEF_RAYTRACE
If this flag is absent, the evaluation function is being called during the volumetric pass that occurs before pixel filtering but after normal rendering. Otherwise the evaluation function is being called during &quot;regular&quot; raytracing (reflection, refraction or shadow rays, for example).

60b.html:
The LWVEF_RAYTRACE bit in the LWVolumeAccess structure is now set when evaluating volumetric plug-ins for a ray.

I