PDA

View Full Version : Cell shading tutorials ?

Mike
02-20-2003, 09:09 AM
Anyone know of any good cell shading tutorials ?

Skonk
02-20-2003, 01:23 PM
Jennifer Hachigian (aka celshader) has some of the best cel shading info iv seen at www.celshader.com, she also has a great bonus tutorial for owners of LightWave Applied 6.5 and 7 in a bonus area at the books website http://www.advanstarbooks.com/lightwave/bonusaccess.html , the tute takes u from the beggining, you model a char then surface it. Really good, and easy to follow. Its also a good tute for anyone wanted to learn how to model a character.

James..

Skonk
02-20-2003, 01:27 PM
Oh and this was my attemp at the model from her tute, tho this doesn't have cel shading applied, i cant find my cel shaded image so id have to render one off.

James..

Shade01
02-20-2003, 09:27 PM
I wrote a intro to cel shading tutorial for the Unreal cel shader. You can find it here: http://lwg3d.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8984

faulknermano
02-20-2003, 11:09 PM
shade01,

did you ever finish translating the rest of the documentation.. as far as i last checked you had done the unreal toon tracer, but didnt touch on the cel shader docs, per se.. i was just wondering (no pressure) if you were still planning on translating the other docs as well.

thanks for the toon tracer docs, btw: they're 'priceless' (pun and no pun intended.) :)

Shade01
02-21-2003, 11:04 AM
Actually faulknermano, I kind of felt that the cel shader kind of explains itself when you play around with it since it functions so close to the way super cel shader does. *shrugs*, but I guess if enough people say they don't understand it then yes, I would translate it.

faulknermano
02-21-2003, 08:47 PM
actually, i was more interested in what the docs had to say about the StrokeFollower. there seems to be a bunch of parameters there and i was wondering if the docs gave them definitions.

isnowboard
07-19-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Shade01
I wrote a intro to cel shading tutorial for the Unreal cel shader. You can find it here: http://lwg3d.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8984

Looks like this information was lost in the hacker attack over there, and when I emailed Shade, he said he now longer has the information. I was wondering if anyone downloaded the information and saved it offline. If you did, I would really like to see it again. I made the mistake of not saving it myself. Please post here or send me a private mail if you have it. Thanks.

faulknermano
07-20-2003, 01:41 AM
i've got a whole bunch of unreal docs here. i dont quite remember which one was shade's tutorial... there's one here that's the original docs but with superimposed translations in english.. is that the one?

isnowboard
07-21-2003, 02:50 AM
It could be. I would like to see it. Thanks.

bopuc
07-21-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by isnowboard
Looks like this information was lost in the hacker attack over there, and when I emailed Shade, he said he now longer has the information. I was wondering if anyone downloaded the information and saved it offline. If you did, I would really like to see it again. I made the mistake of not saving it myself. Please post here or send me a private mail if you have it. Thanks.

well, I have part of that tut (maybe even the whole one, not sure) in .pdf format. It's approx. 900Kb. Leave me your mail if you want it...