PDA

View Full Version : Replace audio - not appearing as an option (TMPGEnc>DVD WS SE)

Tom Wood
05-06-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm rendering VT4 projects in TMPGEnc where it makes just an ES video file, then importing the video file into DVD WS SE. If I drop the video into the 'first play' position on the timeline (at the bottom of the screen) in DVD WS, I get the 'replace audio' box in the left side menu column where I can then select the separate WAV file. But if I drop the video in the next slot over on the timeline, where regular titles belong, the 'replace audio' box doesn't show up in the left column menu. How do I get it to give me the option of selecting the replacement WAV file?

Thanks,

TW

ScorpioProd
05-06-2007, 07:59 PM
You would just pick the audio tab next to the video tab and go from there.

Tom Wood
05-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Huh,

I see it there now, but I'm pretty sure I didn't put it in that way. Maybe it was a late night that day. :D

Thanks, Eugene, sorry for the dumb questions, this project is almost over. :thumbsup:

TW

Bushmsn
05-25-2007, 02:12 PM
When I load VT project into dvd workshop it makes a dvd. What is the purpose of TMPGEnc? Also when I do this there is no sound.

Thanks

wvp
06-02-2007, 02:57 PM
When I load VT project into dvd workshop it makes a dvd. What is the purpose of TMPGEnc? Also when I do this there is no sound.

Thanks
Don't take offense, but you really need to study up on all this. Search these forums as well as the internet. Try wikipedia for general understanding - these are not simple questions. Its almost like asking how do I edit - its a whole other process.
Check out http://dvd-hq.info/Compression.html
TMPGEnc encodes video and DVDworkshop is used to author DVDs (and can encode as well, but not as good as TMPGEnc.

Major_video
06-06-2007, 03:11 PM
It's not a dumb question... but wvp is right... about TMPGEnc.
And you really need to consider the end purpose of your DVD, and if you are going for GREAT quality, get it, learn it, talk to people who are doing it, and LOOK at the result.

Then YOU decide!
It's not expensive.

The workflow isn't much different, except you're asking a separate program instead of DVD workshop to do the encoding.
Since encoding involves throwing away information, it's a question of who you trust to do that!

... and after you establish some presets, write down your processes so you can remember them, you'll be fine.
TMPGEnc can also batch encode. (FWIW)