PDA

View Full Version : Exporting UV's ?!?

Joker II
05-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to work with UV maps and exported one with the Export EPS file which worked as it should, the problem I'm having is that with Corel Painter IX, you can't import EPS files !

Is there any other way I could export these UV-maps so I could work on them in Corel Painter IX?

I'm using 8.5 at the moment.

Thanks for any help.

Sensei
05-06-2007, 12:07 PM
VMapManager from TrueArt's Modeling Pack http://modelingpack.trueart.eu have option to bake UV to image, as well as other vertex maps, like weight, color & color with alpha.. It can also load these vmaps from image to object!

SplineGod
05-06-2007, 12:13 PM
You can also do a screen capture of the UV map. :)

Mr Maze
05-06-2007, 12:28 PM
If you have Photoshop you can open the .eps and save it as a .tiff or a .psd and then open in Painter IX. I also like using Painter (never had IX, though, went from 7 to X) and that's what I do.

Joker II
05-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the responses gentlemen,

Tried what you suggested Splinegod, didn't really like the result of it.

Haven't got Photoshop, think it's much to expensive ! Would love to use Corel Painter for it, but, it can only save esp files, not import them.

Have tried UVImaginator, seems to do the job, only have to figure out now how to use it properly :thumbsup:

Thanks again :beerchug:

Ztreem
05-06-2007, 01:18 PM
I always just take a screenshot of my UV's then resize it to the texture size I want in photoshop and start painting, works fine for me.

titane357
05-06-2007, 02:05 PM
I use UVimaginator for exporting UVs to image (for Hirez one)
For Lowrez, screen capture works fine. :D

Andyjaggy
05-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Does anyone else have UV Imaginator crash modeler everytime you export a map?

DonS
05-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Nope, UVImaginator works perfectly for me.

Alternately, one could use the Baking Camera to render out a UV map to the desired resolution.

Joker II
05-06-2007, 11:12 PM
UVImaginator works perfectly for me, no problems so far :thumbsup:

The problem I have with taking screenshots is that when opened in Corel Painter, they really seem pixelated, it's as if the lines are shuffled around, it really looks horrible.

I know it has got something to do with AA, but, can't seem to find a proper solution for that.