PDA

View Full Version : Update from 9.0 to 9.2 won’t take licence key

PaulP
05-06-2007, 05:26 AM
Greetings all,

I have Lightwave 9.0, and I recently downloaded the update to 9.2. Problem is, whenever I try to use the 9.0 licence key to get out of discovery mode for 9.2, I get the following message as shown on the attachment :

I have tried various things, but no luck. I am on a mac running OS X 10.3.9.

Any thoughts and or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Weetos
05-06-2007, 05:51 AM
Don't know if this is of any help, but did you make sure your license key file isn't write protected? Go to the programs folder and select license.key, then press apple-i to display the file's properties. There, at the bottom of the properties panel, you'll be able to set the R/W permissions for the owner (in this case, you :) )

Maybe the file doesn't even exist and the Makelicense script can't create it because it doesn't have write permissions in the programs folder - if this is the case, check that you have R/W permission for this folder, by using the same procedure as described above.

Hope that helps :)

PaulP
05-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Many thanks Weetos - your suggestion does indeed seem to have solved the problem. I can get LightWave to launch without going into discovery mode.

Thanks Again. I do appreciate your time and assistance.

Paul

starbase1
05-08-2007, 03:17 AM
Just to be clear - I can use my 9.0 key in 9.2? As it was telling me I have (n) days to register, I was assuming I needed to jump through the hoop again and get a new one...

Nick

talkfist
05-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Is 9.2 out of beta,when it does come out if not now, will all 9.0 users get the upgrade?

manholoz
05-08-2007, 08:05 AM
It is out of beta, the upgrade is free, and as said above, it uses the 9.0 license key. The beta download is at the top of the download list. Just scroll down a bit, and you'll find the 9.2 non-beta downloads.

Weetos
05-08-2007, 08:08 AM
Paul > You're welcome - Glad it worked
Manholoz > 9.2 update is free if you're a registered user of 9.0 - go to register.newtek.com and download LW9.2