PDA

View Full Version : Cloth problem, please help!

bluemars
05-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Hey guys, I'm doing an animation with lots of movements, and my character is wearing a silky sort of like shirt, i set my charcter as the collission object and the Silky shirt as the cloth object, but the bad thing is that the silky shirt won't stay put, i mean it just slipped right off my character's shoulders!, does anyone know how to fix this problem? thanks!

SplineGod
05-05-2007, 10:00 PM
you need to FIX parts of the shirt such as the collar area

bluemars
05-05-2007, 11:19 PM
Hey Splinegod, how's it going, !! you're such a life saver, and how do i apply the fix part? what options or setting do i ahve to set/change? Do i ahve to select the polygons around the collar and set the fix parts? if so, how? thanks!

SplineGod
05-05-2007, 11:23 PM
I would do a bit of reading in the manual. You can tag the geometry in several ways (surface, part, uvmap, selection set, weight map etc). The tagged parts will remain fixed and will be influenced by bones for example. The rest will be effected by the dynamics.

bluemars
05-06-2007, 12:14 AM
I just read the manaul, but it doesn't really explain how to apply the 'fix thing' to the object, i mean, i can't select the shirt collar polygons in layout, so i can't apply fix to that, and also, i can't do that in modeller either since MD only available in layout, ! any ideas?

bluemars
05-06-2007, 12:17 AM
The shirt collar is a part of the silky shirt, and when i opened it in layout, it created a yellow box around the object which i selected it, so i can't select the shirt collar's polygons individually, must be the whole shirt!

SplineGod
05-06-2007, 12:46 AM
I think you need to do a bit more reading. You cant select polys or points in layout. All tagging that I mentioned is done in modeler.
Heres what you need to look up and study:
vmaps:
weight maps
uvmaps
parts
surfaces
selection sets

Clothfx can see any of those and you can use them to FIX certain parts of the geometry. I would also look up FIX in the clothfx section. The things Ive mentioned are very basic lightwave functions and you need to know what they are and how to create them to be able to use them in layout with clothfx.
I would also recommend doing some searches on the forums (not just this one). I dont mind helping but there are some basic things you need to know when using dynamics. :)

bluemars
05-06-2007, 12:52 AM
Nevermind, i got the Fix thing to work, i did it in Modeller, clicked on that little square "S' icon at the bottom,! anyway , the shirt collar stay put, BUT the bottom half of the silkhy shirt keep streching downward for some reason! do i ahve to put a fix on the bottom area of the shirt too?

SplineGod
05-06-2007, 01:03 AM
This is where I would do some more reading, internet searches for clothfx tutorials, search the forum etc. for additional information. If youve looked in the clothfx interface theres a lot of settings.
The cloth will stretch until you give it settings so it wont do that.
Different types of cloth on different objects will behave differently.
Having an understanding of what the various controls do will help produce a better result.
Theres a setting called stretch limit I would look at. :)

bluemars
05-06-2007, 01:09 AM
THanks spline god, i ahve tried the web tutorials, there are very few CLothFX related ones! and they are not helping much!

i ahve also played around with the stretch limit settings and and some other ones, but my silky tshirt still keep streching downward to the point passing my charcters shoes!

bluemars
05-06-2007, 01:45 AM
I just go9t the whole problem fixed, the gravity was causing the problem! anyway, many thanks splinegod!