PDA

View Full Version : .CG VS .png?

ApexVideo
05-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Very new with my VT4, and loving it! I have a question about .CG VS .png. I make a title, then I "clone" it and change the name in the title (this way I'm sure that each title is in the same place within the screen. The orig. text is .CG and when put on the timeline the alpha is found automatically. The titles that are "clones" of the orig. are .png's and the "overlay" box has to be checked for the alpha to work. Is there a setting that I can change that will make the "clone" titles .CG's? This would just cut one step out for the live filming that I am doing.

creach
05-29-2007, 01:32 PM
That's interesting...

I have found that the .cg file was the ToasterCG project file. I've never opened one of 'em.

I'm glad you like VT. I think this box is SO crammed with features! I can't believe that more folks don't use it.

Dan

steveg
05-30-2007, 11:04 PM
The problem I find with cg files on the timeline is if you have a lot of them they slow your processor down a lot. I always render my cg files as png then turn on the overlay. I can have many hundreds of them on the timeline with no effect on speed of my processor.

Kevin_P
05-31-2007, 11:15 AM
There are a few additional features if you lay an individual page .cg file on the timeline. You can animate text via kerning, size, etc. But, yes, processing time increases quite a bit. -Kevin

Jim_C
05-31-2007, 11:22 AM
I always render my cg files as png then turn on the overlay.

This may be 'news you know' but if you save a project in CG Designer, such as 'Project A'. You will get a Project A.cg file and a folder called Project.A.cg.pages.

In this folder will be all of your pages created in that project already in the png format.

Might save an additional render or 'save as image' step.

Jim