PDA

View Full Version : Sas and Fiber

shrox
05-04-2007, 05:01 PM
I just ordered LWv9.2, and I am going to order a hair/fiber tool. I have been playing with SasLite in LWv6, but I get inconsistant results. Is Fiber Factory more controlable? I don't want to order a full version of Sasquach then not be happy with it.

shrox
05-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Here is example of the problem I am having. I realize it is SasLite. Since I just sent my dongle in for the upgrade, I'll have to wait a week or so to try anything more.

kfinla
05-04-2007, 05:45 PM
ya thats the rearward polygon quality, or the out of view fur quality setting being too low.. I've only used SAS full since 2002? so im not sure those settings exist in SASlite.. also antialiassing goes up to 4 with sasfull and max's out at 2 in lite.. i believe that saslight represents like 10% of what full Sasquatch can do..

...my only concern/complaint is the lack of development to the plugin i bought at v1.5 and its only in the last 6 months? that it got to v1.8.. these have just been bug fixes and optimizations.. I'm really looking at Truehair,.. and Fiberfactory since these seem to be in active development.. i've been waiting for Sasquatch 2.0 with some more intuitive styling functions.. perhaps some sort of feather tool for years.. Hopefully these new options will put pressure on worley to update features..

shrox
05-04-2007, 06:21 PM
I thought it might be something like that, as the way the hair disappears as the surface rotates out of view.

prospector
05-04-2007, 07:26 PM
fiber Factory makes excellent looking hair and the styler is the cats meow to work with.

zatara
05-04-2007, 08:19 PM
I Have Fiber Factory, and i Like very much. But the only thing that I donīt like is the speed. Sasquatch renders much faster. But I think the quality of Fiber factory is good. I think there is a trial versio for tests.

JamesCurtis
05-05-2007, 03:58 PM
I've never been able to get FiberFactory's trial loaded and running - it's authorization/registration method is confusing!! it should be straightforward install and go, IMO!!