PDA

View Full Version : Camera view in modeler

zatara
05-04-2007, 10:43 AM
Hi Everybody,

I use LW for print work. For example, sometimes I have to model something based in a image.
Could be possible to have a camera view in modeler. I think this is solve the problem.
I think that this will only works, if you have a scene file that contains the object. And in modeler you will chose the camera view from the scene XXX, with all properties, distortions positions.
For example, I have an object Z, in the scene xxx. In the scene xxx, there is a camera with position, lens distortions, etc. And in modeler , I choose camera view, loading the camera view from the scene xxx.
I like LW being split in two programs. But something like this It will be very good.

Thanks,

Saulo

IMI
05-04-2007, 07:49 PM
The problem is, Modeler, though it has a "camera", it is only used for the purpose of viewing the model you're working on. Considering that Layout is the rendering part of the app, it makes sense that all the camera controls are there, including the ability to do as you want.
"Camera", per se isn't actually even a part of Modeler, and it'd make no sense to include it, as it makes no sense to regret its lack of presence.

Reco
05-05-2007, 03:00 AM
Hi
I posted the same request in the LW - Feature Requests forum , with totally lack of response http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67796 However this is a very good idea, and it will be a great tool when trying to match something to a background image. The request is not to implement a camera in the modeler, but just make it possible to select a view in modeler and synchronize it with a camera in layout.

I know it is possible. When Vue5/6 can synchronize the camera between two applications, Then it can be done inside LW. Even if we have to go through the hub.

Reco

titane357
05-05-2007, 03:09 AM
NT response is that they had implement "subset of modeler tools" in Layout since v9
Need to wait a little more I think....:D
But on the way !

Doctor49152
05-05-2007, 03:23 AM
I always thought that this would be a handy feature as well. It would kind of work like Photoshops Vanishing Point. Where you could draw a few lines to represent the plane, focal poinr and perspective. Then you could model and compare it to the image live. Even if this was a floating window outside of LWs main interface that would be cool. But it would be damn handy.

Hell sometimes I want to put my perspective view on one of my secondary monitors and keep the UV editor up alongside all 3 views.

tyrot
05-05-2007, 03:32 AM
Hell sometimes I want to put my perspective view on one of my secondary monitors and keep the UV editor up alongside all 3 views.

dear doc

sometimes??? :) i always wanted to have my UVeditor in different window. I hope NT will give us a separate UV window in this cycle...

Best

G M D THREE
05-05-2007, 03:39 AM
I have bin waiting for a camera view option in modeler since I started using LW. I cant even stress how necessary this feature is, as there is no way to match model a object to a perspective image. A lot of people are pushing for modeling tools in layout or are mistaking a camera in modeler with rendering in modeler.

I believe that it should be way easier to establish a camera view similar to a perspective view in modeler, than move all modeling tools to layout. As long as you can save optionally the cameras with the object and load a backdrop image in the camera view. Maybe even save the motion of the camera along and be able to scrub frames of the camera in modeler.

Would that not be sweet. But at this point this is all a dream.

///

Doctor49152
05-05-2007, 03:44 AM
ok, yes you are right tyrot. I was trying to be nice and subtle :)

I really like on MODO the ability to tear off any window and place it where you want. LW should have done that long ago. For some reason it still has the Amigas mentality when it comes to interface design.

Reco
05-05-2007, 04:36 AM
dear doc

sometimes??? :) i always wanted to have my UVeditor in different window.
Best

Yes I want this as well.:thumbsup:

NT response is that they had implement "subset of modeler tools" in Layout since v9
Need to wait a little more I think....:D
But on the way !

I think we can have both. On the other hand, I think it is a bit strange to have the same thing twice in a software.:)

Reco

Pavlov
05-05-2007, 05:29 AM
Problem is on a lower level... the request is good and i did it several times, but i hope more modeler tools will be implemented in Layout so this will be adressed along with a ton of other issues.
In the meantime (as temporary solution), i think it would be possible to have a camera view in Modeler via Hub. Again , cameras have now a plugin class so i think it would be easier to add these to modeler.

Paolo

titane357
05-05-2007, 06:54 AM
"In the meantime " :agree: