PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Photoshop Cs3 Extended- Look Out!

finenance
05-04-2007, 10:31 AM
I just recieved my upgrade for my Intel base mac, and jump right into the animation and 3d tools, I was amazed with the little time spent. I think this is a adobe stepping stone for the 3d world. The animation feature alone sort of reminds me of an easier version of Mirage less their effects, but I am sure adobe will have something in future updates, but again I only fool around one day. And also the new video feature would make a good compositor. I still havent unlock the 3d features yet, I just loaded a object to check it out and move it round, be great if you can paint right there. Overall the new tools gets a thumbs up, well worth the upgrade

manproof
05-04-2007, 12:24 PM
CS3 Extended is a nice package, but I haven't been successful with the Lightwave integration yet.

I can get an object exported from Modeler to import into PS CS3 just fine, but the map data is getting fouled up. Have you had any success with this yet? This is the original thread:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67727

Let me know if you have any luck with the maps. Other than this issue, I am loving everything about CS3.

SP00
05-04-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm starting to think Adobe is heading into the Jack of all trade type of package. I don't know if that is a good thing.

finenance
05-04-2007, 02:41 PM
CS3 Extended is a nice package, but I haven't been successful with the Lightwave integration yet.

I can get an object exported from Modeler to import into PS CS3 just fine, but the map data is getting fouled up. Have you had any success with this yet? This is the original thread:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67727

Let me know if you have any luck with the maps. Other than this issue, I am loving everything about CS3.

Well I know Newtek is getting ready to release an open beta so that the two work hand and hand. I just registered with them today to get the update when it is release in a few weeks. Hopely it will include the Mac version.

manproof
05-04-2007, 03:23 PM
If you are referring to the beta of Newtek’s Rendition plug-in, I am also signed up for the beta and am excited to give it a test drive. However, I would like to get the object and map support out of PS CS3 without a $150 plug-in.

CS3 supposedly supports a number of object types, and Modeler supposedly exports a couple of these. Somewhere between the two applications (likely during the object export from Modeler) map data is getting hosed, or perhaps written in a way that CS3 doesn’t like. If it is Modeler’s exporters that aren’t saving map data the way that PS CS3 likes it, it’d be nice if their were a Mac exporter for LW that addressed this.

*I do not say "supposedly" to cast doubt on whether or not the applications can do these things, but rather to say that I have not fully tested them. I'm a huge fan of Newtek and Adobe :)