PDA

View Full Version : LW9.2 modeler - backdrop image not staying put

redlum
05-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Very strange. In modeler - when I put a backdrop image in one viewport then switch out to multi view the image disappears. Is there a new trick to keep this from happening?

Ma3rk
05-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Background reference images have always been klutzy in the way they work at best.

You can however toggle from a quad view to a single panel view using the 10-key pad "0" key (place cursor over appropriate panel first) and the bg ref image should remain.

M.

redlum
05-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Background reference images have always been klutzy in the way they work at best.

You can however toggle from a quad view to a single panel view using the 10-key pad "0" key (place cursor over appropriate panel first) and the bg ref image should remain.

M.

Klutzy? Wow.

I know about using the "0" key. The image just keeps disappearing. I went back to 9.0 for now. No sense wasting time with the new shiny version.

Any one from Newtek care to comment? Thanks.

redlum
05-04-2007, 10:55 AM
Okay, I found out that you can still place the backdrop image while in quad view but not in single view. Is this a bug or a quirk? Version 9 does both. Interesting and only slightly annoying.

Snosrap
05-04-2007, 03:28 PM
I just started a project last night with 3 images of a front, side and back view and have had no problems. Yes if you go to a full screen perspective view you will lose the images upon return to the quad view, but thats why I save my background. Not not the best workflow in the world, but better than starting over from scratch. modo has a great implimentation of background images. Hopefully LW will follow suite.

Cheers
Snosrap

gerry_g
05-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Well U just load it in whatever viewport U want then toggle the viewport max button, can't see what the fuss is about, however I flip things around I can't get rid of it apart from temporarily in the quad, but then I never use quad.