PDA

View Full Version : Lw 9.2 community demo made with SE

Exception
05-04-2007, 08:05 AM
Hey Guys,

just thought I'd drop in on this side of the planet...
The LW 9.2 community demo that we're showcasing has been edited 100% with SE. There's credit given to it at the end.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Get your flavor of demo here:
http://www.lightwiki.com/index.php?title=Community_LightWave_9.2_demo_video

Twrch
05-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Cool, how did you do that 3d credits roll?

Exception
05-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Cool, how did you do that 3d credits roll?

It was made in Lightwave.

Polygons forming a cylinder with maps mapped on them.

T-Light made it.

rycar_m
05-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Hey Guys,

just thought I'd drop in on this side of the planet...
The LW 9.2 community demo that we're showcasing has been edited 100% with SE. There's credit given to it at the end.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Get your flavor of demo here:
http://www.lightwiki.com/index.php?title=Community_LightWave_9.2_demo_video

Now if LW could be as intergrated as 3D is to Combustion, SE could probobly find itself as part of the top post and 3d outfits in a twinkle.

ric marty

SBowie
05-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Now if LW could be as intergrated as 3D is to Combustion, SE could probobly find itself as part of the top post and 3d outfits in a twinkle.
I bet Robert Wilson has a grin from ear to ear as he reads your post. :)

rycar_m
05-04-2007, 01:14 PM

In version 3 combustion added some editing tools to its interface, could you imagine if they had developed those tools into a full editor. I bet there would have been way up ther with the top nles But being discreet.auto desk what it is it will probobly ditch combustion soon

I hope SE sees the Light

Cheers

ric marty

Bobt
05-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Ric been talked about for about 3 years.
It was why I created LWConnect.

http://www.bobfx.com/SETutorials/BobsLWConnectTutorial/LWConnect.html

Like da magic man.. Hooks up LW to SE NOW...
Bob

UnCommonGrafx
05-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Grinning from ear to ear.

Yeah, that writing was on the wall some time back. Bob took the wall home and wrote cool code to go along with it.

If you know LW, this tool is a gem. I expect NewTek will emulate the functionality one day... I know that there are hooks in the sdk for such a thing. But until that day...

LWConnect is the only ticket to ride.

rycar_m
05-04-2007, 09:46 PM
LW connect seems great and i sure hope it will be available for se soon.

however I was thinking more in terms of an RLA type format: created from 3d max with Discreet's Combustion.....

The RLA format previously used with SGI computers and popular because RLA supports the ability to include arbitrary image channels. This means that, when you render and specify the RLA file for output, you can set RLA Image File parameters from a specific list. You specify what channels (and what format) you want to write out to the file.

The RLA Image File Format typically has a dialog box with the following options. Sidenote: the MORE info you include within that dialog, that larger the file size gets...

Standard Channels: The standard channels are RGB color and the alpha (transparency) channel.

Bits per Channel: Choose either 8 or 16 as the number of bits per channel. Default=8.

Store Alpha Channel. Choose whether to save the alpha channel.
Default=selected.

When created from Discreets 3ds max, there are additional Optional Channels when you render your RLA files. There are eight additional channels that can be generated and also viewed in the virtual frame buffer:

Z Depth: Displays Z-Buffer information in repeating gradients from white to black. The gradients indicate relative depth of the object in the scene.

-Material Effects: Displays the Effects Channel used by materials assigned to objects in the scene. The Effects Channel is a material property set in the Material Editor and used during Video Post compositing. Each Effects Channel ID is displayed using a different random color.

Object: Displays the G-Buffer (p. v3-61 1) Object Channel ID assigned to objects using the Object Properties dialog. The G-Buffer ID is used during Video Post compositing. Each GBuffer ID is displayed using a different random color.

UV Coordinates: Displays the range of UV mapping coordinates as a color gradient. This channel shows where mapping seams might occur. Note: UV Coordinates will not be displayed on objects that have the UVW Map Modifier applied unless a map has been applied that uses the coordinates.

Normal: Displays the orientation of normal vectors as a grayscale gradient. Light gray surfaces have normals pointing towards the view. Dark gray surfaces have normals pointing away from the view.

Non Clamped Color: Displays areas in the image where colors exceeded the valid color range and were corrected by 3ds max. The areas appear as bright saturated colors usually around specular highlights.

Coverage: This saves the coverage of the surface fragment from which other G-buffer values (Z Depth, Normal, and so on) are obtained. Z-Coverage values range from 0 to 255. To see Z Coverage, render to an RLA file after first checking Z Coverage in the Setup sub-dialog, then choose Z-Coverage in the virtual frame buffer�s Viewing Channel dropdown list. The Z-Coverage feature is provided primarily for developers, and should aid
in the antialiasing of Z-buffers.

Background: Saves the color of the object behind the front object. This channel is really only valid when the coverage of the front object is less than total, or when the front object is at least partially transparent. However, if a pixel on the front object completely covers a pixel on the back object, and is opaque, the background color channel is not generated for that pixel. Instead, it uses the color of the background. As with the Z-Coverage channel, this feature is primarily included for developers.

Descriptive Information: This information is saved with the file, and includes: Description (You can enter descriptive text) and Author (You can enter your name)

Now just imagine "SE" with matting and tracking abilities and able to import an "RLA" type format from LW

Cheers

ric marty
I am no geek i c/p from:
http://www.fxguide.com/fxtips-114.html

Bobt
05-04-2007, 10:26 PM
>LW connect seems great and i sure hope it will be available for se soon.
Available right now. You need one?

Bob

rycar_m
05-04-2007, 10:43 PM
I don't have LW yet still using 3d max and movie 3d

but i'll get there, and i will let you know

cheers

ric marty

Exception
05-06-2007, 11:22 AM
That's a nice plugin. Howmuch does it costs? Doesnt seem to list on the website nor any of the dealer pages as far as I can tell.
That bloom plugin is nice too. Howmuch is that?

CreatvGnius
05-06-2007, 01:54 PM

Ric? Steve? Anyone? What was the original poster trying to communicate? His syntax doesn't make much sense at all, to me.

I get that he was stating that SpeedEDIT would be wildly popular in the 3D post community if ... something were to occur.

What is the condition he proposed? The first part of the sentence seems to be impossible to resolve. Yeah. I'm a bit thick in the head after eating a hearty meal. :eek: Waaaah! Somebody help me understand? TIA!
-PeterG

CreatvGnius
05-06-2007, 02:02 PM
LW connect seems great and i sure hope it will be available for se soon.

however I was thinking more in terms of an RLA type format: created from 3d max with Discreet's Combustion.....

The RLA format previously used with SGI computers and popular because RLA supports the ability to include arbitrary image channels. This means that, when you render and specify the RLA file for output, you can set RLA Image File parameters from a specific list. You specify what channels (and what format) you want to write out to the file.

The RLA Image File Format typically has a dialog box with the following options. Sidenote: the MORE info you include within that dialog, that larger the file size gets...
Now just imagine "SE" with matting and tracking abilities and able to import an "RLA" type format from LW

Cheers

ric marty
I am no geek i c/p from:
http://www.fxguide.com/fxtips-114.html

Ric! I misunderstood what you meant earlier. Thanks for the clarification, which evidently was already here while I was yet asking what you were communicating earlier.

-PeterG
"...was blind -- but now -- I see..."

UnCommonGrafx
05-06-2007, 02:35 PM
There's some new pricing structure coming about soon. I'll get Bob over here to give you some feedback on costs.

That's a nice plugin. Howmuch does it costs? Doesnt seem to list on the website nor any of the dealer pages as far as I can tell.
That bloom plugin is nice too. Howmuch is that?

SBowie
05-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Ric? Steve? Anyone? What was the original poster trying to communicate?... Somebody help me understand?-PeterGPeter, I was commenting on Ric's post - not the original.

(Ric wrote "Now if LW could be as intergrated as 3D is to Combustion, SE could probably find itself as part of the top post and 3d outfits in a twinkle." Robert is not the sole proponent of direct integration of some LW tech into SE/VT, but he is one of the foremost ... and as it happens, he and I had just spoken about this the day before Ric's remark.)

Mediaworx
05-08-2007, 06:28 AM
Awesome visuals and clean editing, but the soundtrack is sort of annoying. Kind of a musical chihuahua.