PDA

View Full Version : Installation problem...

Mike1959
05-04-2007, 06:31 AM
I'm guessing this is an unusual error but I'm hoping someone
can maybe shed some light on it...

I've tried on several occassions to install the latest version of lightwave
but each time I'm hit with the same error...
I've tried creating a new account with ALL aministator priviledges
but still I can't get it to install.

please see screenshot more details on error.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike.

http://i11.tinypic.com/5yknqf9.gif

goodrichm
05-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Mike,

I'm no expert, but nobody has answered your call for help yet...

I haven't installed LW9.2 yet, but according to the error, you need to login into your computer as the Administrator before installing the program. Creating a new account with all adminstrator priviledges is only a "Super User" and not the same as THE administrator which is the real deal with access to everything on your computer.

Hope it's as easy as that! Take care...MG

dglenn
05-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Yep! If you’re running XP Pro or anything like it, you have to have admin privilege to install Lightwave.

You have to get system admin rights (if you’re plugged into a domain) or log-in to your admin account (if you have the privilege) and install it there.

Most is of the reason that you have to install Lightwave this way is because of the sentinel program (that runs in the background) and the hub program (I think) that Lightwave uses. You got to have admin privilege to install any system demons that run on your system all the time. This prevents just any user to log-in your system and setting up a bad program that could harm your system (a.k.a. Trojan horse demon).