PDA

View Full Version : Inertia and morph mixer

sherridge101
05-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Hi all,

Can you use inertia and morph mixer on the same object.

I seem to only be able to have one or the other affecting the object.

Cheers,
Steve

UnCommonGrafx
05-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Someone posted some thoughts on this. The thought that comes to mind is to mddscan the object and save out the mdd. Then, with the mdd file applied, use the inertia tool.

Right now, I can think of two users to do a search on for this topic: Pooby and Celshader,

sherridge101
05-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Someone posted some thoughts on this. The thought that comes to mind is to mddscan the object and save out the mdd. Then, with the mdd file applied, use the inertia tool.

Right now, I can think of two users to do a search on for this topic: Pooby and Celshader,

Cheers UnCommonGrafx,

I saved out a .mdd file of the morph which comes back in nicely with MD_Plug but the Inertia Lag still knocks the morph off.

I'll try searching.

Cheers,
Steve

SplineGod
05-03-2007, 10:48 PM
You would use either mdmetaplugmorph or metalinkmorph.
Mdscan the motion created by inertia first.
You could also use softfx instead of intertia.
FIs lagmotion is a 3rd party plugin you might try.

sherridge101
05-05-2007, 01:10 AM
You would use either mdmetaplugmorph or metalinkmorph.
Mdscan the motion created by inertia first.
You could also use softfx instead of intertia.
FIs lagmotion is a 3rd party plugin you might try.

Hi SplineGod,

I didn't have any luck with the Md plugins but I've starrted to test the cloth reacting with a wind Dynamic object. They seem to play well together.

Cheers,
Steve

SplineGod
05-05-2007, 04:06 AM
You can bake the intertia motion to an mdd file. When you play back the mdd file you can then play back any morphs on top of that.

dx394b
07-22-2008, 06:28 AM
Thanks Spline! I was trying to animate some Light streamers using the techniques found on the Sirrgraph videos. I had also wanted to deform the streamer along its motion but was unable. Perhaps this will work for me.