PDA

View Full Version : Screamernet question

Axis3d
05-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Has anyone got screamernet working on the final build of LW?

I have everything set up correctly (I've been using screamernet on 9.0 successfully), but when the nodes render, they do not save out anything. I notice that the nodes don't display something like "saving TGA image to...". They just render the frame and move onto the next frame without any saving indication. Any ideas?

Mr_Bester
05-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Does it pop up the error "rgb output directory not set" or something like that. I had that problem. I ended up resaving the file right before hitting the "Screamer Render" button. This is from memory since my anim is done finally.

Also, make sure it is a network drive you are saving to(I assume you are doing this, but it's worth mentioning) so all nodes can save to it....

Axis3d
05-03-2007, 12:40 PM
The output directory does exist and is visible to all of the nodes. I got the "rgb output directory not set" when I called up an old scene, but this is a new scene made in 9.2. So you actually got screamernet working in 9.2? It must be one little thing I missed. I'll keep checking...

Mr_Bester
05-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I was using OB21 and GM4(I Think the final release version) without problems, aside from resaving the file after resetting the content directory and output directory.
Dug

voriax
05-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Do what I do and make them all save to their local drives. Eliminates the possibility of network failure and loss of renders.
Just make the same directory on all machines and set it as the save dir from layout.
However, it may be that it's not saving because the nodes arent seeing the image-saver plugins so won't write any files...
What's the message regarding saving on the node's SN window? It should say "writing file xxxx.tga" or whatever.. If it says it and the file isn't there, i'd say it's an image saver plugin missing.

voriax
05-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Er, regardless of my replies to the contrary, all of a sudden I can't get the native renderer to work with Screamernet. I've been using the fprime network renderer for so long and not tried the native, and all of a sudden I need it and it won't save the image files.
However, I have been using the same batch file and drive mapping since before the fprime WSN came along, so nothing has changed. It's simply not saving the files. CFG files are directing the nodes to the proper image saver plugin locations and everything. Anyone managed to get the final 9.2 SN working with the native renderer?

Extent
05-23-2007, 05:14 AM
I've been rendering on 5-6 machines for the last 3 days straight (using LightNet as a controller) Had one glitch at the absolute beginning where some nodes were rendering from the wrong camera, but other than that it's been just humming along.

Axis3d
05-23-2007, 06:36 PM
voriax,

From what I've been reading, there seems to be a bug in the recent lwsn.exe file. If you render to a path inside of your LW content directory, then the files should save fine. If you render to a path outside the LW content directory (like I normally do) the files do not save.

Hopefully, they will fix this soon.