PDA

View Full Version : LW 9.2 File Opening Problem - Mac 10.4.8

joshmiller1
05-03-2007, 10:40 AM
I have a lab full of machines and we just upgraded from LW 9.0 to 9.2 running on G5 macs running os x 10.4.8 ... (we had to update because modeler would crash constantly when naming layers, and its impossible to teach an intro class on lightwave without naming layers)--

Anyway, we updated in 9.2 yesterday and now when students save their modeler files and quit and try to open it again it says Error reading file on every lwo we open-- I found a temporary fix, it seems that if you open LW layout first then try to open the file in modeler it works, but this is certainly not an ideal solution... does anyone know of a fix?

4dartist
05-03-2007, 11:34 AM
We are running OSX 10.4.9 and just upgraded to 9.2. We don't have the problems you are discribing. Videocard is ATI X800 256mb. Does it happen 100% of the time? If not, you may be able to troubleshoot the problem. It could be bad plugins that need to be flushed out or something to do with textures or any number of things. We have been having problems of our own, just not the one mention. :grumpy:

I know this wasn't any help.. I hope you can get it fixed soon for your students sake!

Benjamin

Exception
05-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Hi Josh,

You should get in contact with someone of the staff to look into it. Sounds very serious. I was on the beta team quite extensively, and have not yet heard of this problem occuring.

Tony3d
05-03-2007, 02:30 PM
I get it in both modeler and Layout! If you double click the model or scene file it fails to load. You must first run either program and load from there.

joshmiller1
05-04-2007, 12:32 PM
tony3d- do you have similar machine specs to what I described?

And yes it happens consistently every time anyone opens a modeler file on any machine in the lab...

Tony3d
05-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Yes, I have a dual 2.7gig G5. If I double click the modeler file I get the same message. You have to first open modeler then load it through the file menu. Just another bug.