PDA

View Full Version : DJ Poll: Which Video Editing Software do you use?

Liber777
05-02-2007, 02:34 PM
There's an interesting poll on the Digital Juice website:

http://tinyurl.com/2mmoac

Sarford
05-02-2007, 03:33 PM
And NewTek's Speededit already has 5% marketshare (according to this poll). Not bad for a first year.

Yamba
05-03-2007, 04:26 AM
FCP5, had FCP from 2 on and will invest in Studio 2 regardless of those annoying little things about FCP that get up my nose.

Started with splicing film, then splicing 2"inch tape, crash edits on old Sony R to R machines, CMX, AVID, Adobe and FCP.

30+ years of shooting, cutting, producing and directing, I'm happy with FCP for the high end project to the 'small' budget edit.

Yamba

Bog
05-04-2007, 04:13 AM
I'm spreading the word on SpeedEDIT as fast as I can - whenever I'm talking to any of my other freelance chums - especially when it's two in the morning and Final Cut's being a pain for them - it's always worth mentioning ;)

cresshead
05-04-2007, 06:26 PM
you can't select more than one choice....i use adobe premiere6.0, imovie and finalcut express....and i ''may'' get speed edit or finalcut pro this year...will see what happens to speed edit with updates in compatibility of file formats re seq of images and then decide....i also ''edit'' or compile short videos with discreet combustion and tv paint...

Steamthrower
05-05-2007, 07:42 PM
I've always used Premiere, but I must say that SpeedEdit is looking very desirable. The price is very competitive as well.

Danic101
05-05-2007, 09:32 PM
SpeedEDIT is a rocking App, I suggest you pick it up and add it your workflow

Andyjaggy
05-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Don't you feel proud to be a Newtek fanboy these days :D

Cageman
05-06-2007, 11:41 AM
I voted Avid because it is my favourite app for editing, however it's somewhat annoying that it has to recompress everything to its own codec, resulting in hours of just importing stuff. :) Havn't used it much nowdays though... We use Premiere at work.

Steamthrower
05-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Could anyone give me reasons why SpeedEdit is better/worth changing to, over Premiere or Vegas?

UnCommonGrafx
05-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Inigo07,
Might I suggest you start a thread on that subject? It helps others when using the search engine.
Besides, your question is intriguing and I'm sure others would like to hear such opinions.

ghostlight
05-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Final Cut Pro HD 4.5. Keeping a close eye on FCP Studio 2 for all that incorperation with motion and shake and whatnot. Very tastey looking. Used Avid once and got sick of it's programmer-like interface real quick. FCP is designed for the artist - there's a million ways to do one thing so if you'd like it to work a certain way, you just try it and chances are it'll work. Beautiful.

KevinL
05-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Premiere Pro 2.0

Kevin

PS While Premiere works well for me, a big part of my loyalty has been user interface familiarity and product integration (dynamic link)