PDA

View Full Version : Untangle tool

redlum
05-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Hey, this is really nice. I now have a reason to live. Seriously. :D

Matt
05-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Be nice if it worked on curved surfaces though!

redlum
05-02-2007, 12:34 PM
it seems to work on a curved surface. Of course you have to adjust it a bit but I think it looks okay.

Andyjaggy
05-02-2007, 01:44 PM
It's a cool tool but it needs to work better on curved surfaces. It works yet but it makes a mess. It would probably be quicker just to do it manually.

He who is waiting anxiously for 9.3 and some some good TLC for modeler...............................

BazC
05-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Wings has a nice tool which is similar to this. If the points you select are on a plane (2 dimensions) it will move them to the circumference of a circle, if they are in 3 dimensions it will move them to the surface of a sphere. You can even choose the centre of the circle/sphere. Great for making eyelids match the surface of an eye for instance but it has loads of uses!

Snosrap
05-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Great addition! But poorly named. I used this alot on a project yesterday and it rocked.

Snosrap

Philbert
05-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Wings has a nice tool which is similar to this. If the points you select are on a plane (2 dimensions) it will move them to the circumference of a circle, if they are in 3 dimensions it will move them to the surface of a sphere. You can even choose the centre of the circle/sphere. Great for making eyelids match the surface of an eye for instance but it has loads of uses!

That sounds like the free LW plugin, MovePointOnBG.
http://www.ribsngibs.com/pages/CG/plugins/movePointOnBG.html

I've used it for making tire tread.

BazC
05-03-2007, 05:43 AM
That sounds like the free LW plugin, MovePointOnBG.
http://www.ribsngibs.com/pages/CG/plugins/movePointOnBG.html

I've used it for making tire tread.

No it's not a conforming or snapping tool. It's very similar to Untangle but more versatile. It moves the selected verts so that they're equidistant from a given point. It works in 2 or 3 dimensions depending on how the selected verts are arranged and the centre point can either be user defined or it will take an average of the selected points positions. You can define the radius too.