PDA

View Full Version : 'kin 'ell

Iain
05-01-2007, 04:08 AM
Ok I thought I had everything under control.
Deleted all my old configs, followed all the steps on the shortcut thing, reloaded all my plugins and moved my license but I'm still having problems:

1.My keyboard shortcuts and scene history don't save and
2.I get complete machine failure doing simple operations in Modeler (I'm assuming it's a config thing but I'm just too stupid to be sure.)

Please help. :help:

meshpig
05-01-2007, 04:57 AM
Buy a Mac next time hey!!

Sorry.

M

Iain
05-01-2007, 05:10 AM
Buy a Mac next time hey!!

Sorry.

M

Don't be sorry. Completely useless and unhelpful posts are most welcome.

hey!!

bobakabob
05-01-2007, 05:10 AM
If you've redirected your 9.2 configs to a new folder, check the accuracy of your target line as it's very easy to make a mistake. Just one unintentional space and everything goes pear shaped hey!!

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67634&page=4

Iain
05-01-2007, 05:18 AM
Hmm I've checked and everything looks ok. I didn't have any trouble during beta.
Thanks for the help. I'll go and press some more buttons.

bobakabob
05-01-2007, 05:51 AM
Thanks for the help. I'll go and press some more buttons.

LOL... yep, that should sort it. :D

meshpig
05-01-2007, 06:04 AM
Iain

Thanks dude but still sorry... Just loaded Windows XP onto Intel iMac.

M

bobakabob
05-01-2007, 06:15 AM
Iain

Thanks dude but still sorry... Just loaded Windows XP onto Intel iMac.

M

The dream is over :hey:

Matt
05-01-2007, 06:28 AM
LOL... yep, that should sort it. :D

And if not, try shouting at it and bang your monitor, that fixes most problems!

:D

Qexit
05-01-2007, 07:04 AM
2.I get complete machine failure doing simple operations in Modeler (I'm assuming it's a config thing but I'm just too stupid to be sure.)

Please help. :help:I can understand how you feel. I finally sat down to complete my LW9.2 install last night. Throughout the Beta phase, I had only ever installed a few essential extra plugins, i.e. FPrime and G2. This time I went ahead with everything else. All went well until it came to LWCAD. After much faffing around I got LWCAD 2.1 installed after discovering, the hard way, that when going from LWCAD 1.5 to 2.1 you should clear out all traces of the original version first and start from scratch. I then tried to add in Vertibevel 2.0 with its extra Tab and features. All I could succeed in doing was have Modeler crash on me at every other step in the installation process. At about 1.00am last night I did the sensible thing....and gave up for the night :thumbsup: This morning, I went straight to square one by deleting all trace of LW9.2 from my PC and did a complete clean reinstall before carefully adding in each additional plugin one at a time(ish) (e.g. I dropped in all of my Worley Labs stuff in one go). Everything is now working just fine....I hope :D

Iain
05-10-2007, 08:34 AM
At about 1.00am last night I did the sensible thing....and gave up for the night :thumbsup: This morning, I went straight to square one by deleting all trace of LW9.2 from my PC and did a complete clean reinstall before carefully adding in each

Well after a ridiculously long time of putting up with crashes, I did the same thing and it's working fine now.
Didn't even take that long! :thumbsup:

Exception
05-10-2007, 08:40 AM
I had the freak thing happening where it didn't like spaces in the folder names...
So, I made /Lightwave 9.2/... into /Lightwave9.2/... , changed the shortcuts, and lo and behold, it worked fine.

Iain
05-10-2007, 08:44 AM
I think I just had too much loose beta stuff all over the place.

Staying away from the patch until I need to install it!

colkai
05-10-2007, 09:39 AM
No hope for me then, I've been dumping each patch over the previous one! :p

Iain
05-11-2007, 05:11 AM
it's working fine now.

Well it was anyway.
Just had a full system crash when trying to bevel with numeric input.

Think I'll have to go direct to Newtek.

pooh.