PDA

View Full Version : Female Body Texturing

artmarci
02-20-2003, 08:24 AM
Hi Lightwavers i have a question about how to texture a female body...

I mean what is the best way to texture it (easy or hard)realistic enough...and How To texture it (easy or Hard)?

I am using Adobe Photoshop 7 for all this i think thats a really good one but i dont know how to texture it..i do know that unwrap stuff and the texturing for the head (inside lightwave 7)
but when i use Unwrapp for the body i dont think its good because it unwrap's it a little bad.

so ..there it is pls help out
Marciano

hrgiger
02-20-2003, 10:46 AM
Marciano,

One thing you can do is use procedural textures for color, bump, spec, diffuse, etc... This will give you a good base that's free of texture stretching or pinching. Then you can go in and blend in planar projected textures over top for detail.
If you do want to UV map the body, you're almost certainly going to have to break it up into parts and then blend the different parts using alpha maps.

artmarci
02-20-2003, 12:05 PM
He thx for the responce i whould have a look in those UVs and stuff btw hgiger...are you steve white?pics recognizing:)

hrgiger
02-20-2003, 12:47 PM
Yeah, it's me Marciano.

I didn't understand what you meant by "i whould have a look in those UVs and stuff "??

artmarci
02-27-2003, 07:07 AM
I mean that i am going to use that UV thingie you where talking about..so thats anyway..
PS..how can you get a pics with your email..like you and that pic off sugagothic have when ya are writhing something?