PDA

View Full Version : Help! Creating a Default Scene

nthused
04-30-2007, 11:10 AM
I've taken on the task of creating a Default scene and configs for our company. The problem is is that I cannot for the life of me remember how to save the "default" scene and be able to use that scene for everyone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

lardbros
04-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Good question, i've never managed to get this working. The default scene is supposed to be called "default.lws" and kept in your content directory, but i've done this and it never loads the scene up upon opening!??

BazC
04-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Good question, i've never managed to get this working. The default scene is supposed to be called "default.lws" and kept in your content directory, but i've done this and it never loads the scene up upon opening!??

Nope, me neither.

bloontz
04-30-2007, 12:06 PM
I haven't tried it but you should be able to use a LoadScene command in the Lw9.CFG StartupCommand. I'll try to see if it works later today.

nthused
04-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Okay. Here's something interesting. I set up all that I wanted and then saved the scene as "default.lws" and made sure my "Paths" in the "Options" dialog box was set correctly. It loaded the "default.lws" scene from the Scene path I'd set up.

Finally.

Let me know if this works for you guys.

Lightwolf
04-30-2007, 12:12 PM
It works, make sure it is in content/scenes.
"default.lws" is it and you need 9.2.

Cheers,
Mike

nthused
04-30-2007, 04:23 PM
The only issue I have with the way this works is that when you clear the scene Layout goes back to it's defaults instead of the ones just set up. Arghhhhhh!

lardbros
04-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Funny, i just set it up as i did my earlier post and got it working. I made sure i checked the "Clear scene to default" in the General tab of the preferences window! When i clear the scene it keeps the default scene... cool stuff!!!

Mr Maze
04-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Neat. I was wanting to make something like this happen but the farthest I got was making a "master scene" lws and having to manually load it every time...

nthused
04-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Funny, i just set it up as i did my earlier post and got it working. I made sure i checked the "Clear scene to default" in the General tab of the preferences window! When i clear the scene it keeps the default scene... cool stuff!!!

Ohhhh...so THAT's what that button does. Cool!

natha1
07-21-2007, 08:01 PM
It works the opposite for me on my Mac. It won't load the default scene on startup. It loads once I clear the scene! :(

IMI
07-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Annoying little "feature", ain't it? :D