PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Wobbly Bit

djmm62
04-30-2007, 08:04 AM
Hi There
Could someone help me with a little problem Im having.I've created a nude comical little baby dude and I would like his little penis to independently bounce and wobble around as I animate him.Ive tried but the best I can do has it stretch and contort abnormaly.Can anyone help,----Please.

liquidpope
04-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Are you wanting to do something with dynamics?
Have you tried just keyframing it yet as secondary animation?

Amurrell
04-30-2007, 12:42 PM
You might want to mess around with cloth dynamics. It's usually not something that people think about right off hand. Through the various settings you'd be able to have it maintain its shape as well as flop around. Now as for the specific settings for something like that, I don't have a clue (sorry) but I'm sure that there are dynamics gurus on here that can help you.

Interesting idea...

adamredwoods
04-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Softbody dynamics works well for this type of animation as well as breasts, bellies, jellies, cartilidges, etc.

Create a weight map in modeler, set all verticies to 0% except for the area you would like to wobble. The areas you would like to wobble least, set less. You would want the tip to be near or at 100%. You would want the base at or near 5-10%, and other areas in between.

Then in Layout apply softFX under the dynamics panel for the object.
Apply your weight map under the operator 1 tab.

You may need to experiment with the values under the different tab (mostly input and operator) a bit.

Then hit calculate and you should see the animation wobble if you have movement to your mesh. When you're satisfied with the results, make sure you save the dynamicsFX to a file (under FILE tab, save motion) in order to render.

An alternative method would be to create a skeleton and add a lag or oscillation motion modifier to the goal, but that would require good IK setup and could get complicated.

Good luck!

Surrealist.
04-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Also check out this thread.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63740&highlight=secondary+motion

djmm62
05-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Thanks for your help guys,I'll try again