PDA

View Full Version : Missing plug-ins

Tony3d
04-29-2007, 08:38 PM
I just noticed I'm missing at least 3 plug-ins in modeler.

Create rows, Untangle, and spin edge. Has anyone else noticed this? Alsp, I can't seem to download 9.2 anymore.

Steph
04-30-2007, 12:41 AM
Hi Tony

I have submit several threads about that on the beta forum and I have no reponses. But I have only Create rows missing.

Try a search in the "Configure Menus" windows and you will find Untangle and Spin Edge (Untangle and spin edge are in the sub category Modeler Tools in the "Configure Menus" windows)

Let me know if you found Create rows : It's a new precious tool that could save time a lot of time.

BazC
04-30-2007, 12:59 AM
But I have only Create rows missing.

Let me know if you found Create rows : It's a new precious tool that could save time a lot of time.

Same here, am I missing something about Create Rows, it doesn't seem to do anything that extender plus doesn't do except have a target point?

Steph
04-30-2007, 02:21 AM
Hi Baz

Create rows automatic fill an empty gap between a rows of point and a target point; Althought difficult to explain, see the What's new manuel for the 9,2 update, there are some scrennshoots that told more than a long blabla!!

BazC
04-30-2007, 02:54 AM
Thanks, yes I've seen the pdf but I still don't see what's new. It basicallly does an edge extend to a target point. You can do that with extender plus though you'll have to move it into place manually.

Tony3d
04-30-2007, 03:48 AM
Hi Tony

I have submit several threads about that on the beta forum and I have no reponses. But I have only Create rows missing.

Try a search in the "Configure Menus" windows and you will find Untangle and Spin Edge (Untangle and spin edge are in the sub category Modeler Tools in the "Configure Menus" windows)

Hi, Thanks for the advice. I am also missing Create Rows. I don't understand Untangle though. When I use it I don't get anything that even resembles a circle. The other one I'm having trouble with it select loop. I get can't load plug-in error. Do you know how I could fix this? Newtek installers are terrible!

Steph
04-30-2007, 06:40 AM
Baz :
Yes but don't have to move the points manually is a great time saver. I understand that create rows snap the extended point automatically.

Tony :
The purpose of Untangle is to transform selected polygons to circle but I agree the tool seems not to do what is expected!!!
Don't know what to say about selected loop : It works fine for me. Perhaps you should delete your config files and re-install all plugs-in.

Apologies for my very bad english.

Tony3d
04-30-2007, 07:00 AM
Baz :
Yes but don't have to move the points manually is a great time saver. I understand that create rows snap the extended point automatically.

Tony :
The purpose of Untangle is to transform selected polygons to circle but I agree the tool seems not to do what is expected!!!
Don't know what to say about selected loop : It works fine for me. Perhaps you should delete your config files and re-install all plugs-in.

Apologies for my very bad english.

Steph, Thanks for your help. I really don't understand Untangle myself. I did get the select loop to work. I agree the create tool is very nice. I'm going to call newtek today about these issues.