PDA

View Full Version : Same old HUB problems with 9.2

Ma3rk
04-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Iíve been using LW 9.0 for sometime and although I had some intermittent luck with running the HUB at first, the past couple months itís been mostly co-operative. Occasionally Iíd have to do a system restart in order to get layout to start with the HUB, but then it would be fine for weeks each morning I fired up the system.

A week or so ago though, I couldnít get Layout to start with the HUB even after a system restart. It ran fine the night before. The next day, it wouldnít. Basically, the UI is all that comes up and hangs before loading the default.lws scene.

I know the problem is somehow related to Zone Alarm and the HUB because if I shut ZA down, Iím able to start Layout with the HUB. Iíve used ZA Pro version for some years. Iíve given Layout, Modeler, and HUB maximum Trust and permissions and checked authenticated components option which in the past was all that was needed. There are no other obvious options available.

Well, I did a fresh install of LW 9.2 yesterday and I have the same issues. Can run 9.2 w/o the HUB, hangs Layout upon start w/ the HUB, and can start Layout w/ the HUB if I kill Zone Alarm first. Obviously thatís not an option Iíd be comfortable with.

So, how does one go about tracking this problem down & fixing it?

I sent this meage to Tech Support too, mostly as a courtesy, but considering I never heard a peep from them when asking the same question a few months ago, I'm not holding my breath.

M.

Philbert
04-29-2007, 01:54 PM
I understand most hub problems come from software firewalls like ZA. I use a router (wireless even) instead and never have hub probs. I even turn off the XP firewall.

Ztreem
04-29-2007, 05:00 PM
my suggestion would be to do a fresh install of ZoneAlarm, sometimes it just get screwed up a block some apps even if they have full permission.

Ma3rk
04-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Woo Hoo!

But I'm keeping some fingers crossed and a goat waiting in the wings for sacrifice just in case.

I didn't have to resort to a reinstall of ZA (and I use a hardware router as well), but I did just go thru every ZA menu & reset everything to the default settings. There were some differences, but I don't recall making them.

Anyway, I'm sure there are a lot of other ZA users so there's a good place to start if you're having HUB issues.

OK, gotta go feed the goat.

M.