PDA

View Full Version : Layout crashing on close

Andyjaggy
04-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Everytime I close layout the program closes and I get an error from windows saying the program has crashed. It isn't a huge deal since it only happen after it saves and closes, it's still slightly annoying though. Anyone else having this problem?

Ma3rk
04-29-2007, 12:23 PM
I've had that issue since 9.0. Still happens with 9.2. I see the problem more with Modeler though. Whenever you make a configuration change is when it happens. I've adopted the proceedure of making my changes then immediately close the program. Fortunately the cfg files write correctly and the changes are in place the next time you start the app.

M.

zardoz
04-30-2007, 02:39 AM
with me it only happens with some scenes...
I have one scene that I use a lot (replacing the objects) and I did a new version of this scene that was ok. But after loading some of the old objects I got the crashes again. So I suppose that something in the objects is making Layout crash on exit. Maybe some plugin or shader. I didn't had the time to check this properly.

dee
04-30-2007, 03:46 AM
i have it to, and it suxx! :thumbsdow

oobievision
05-01-2007, 10:32 PM
I have the same problem, doesnt matter what program though sometimes modeler will freeze and crash doing start up, in that case I just reboot and it works fine.

aquinde
05-02-2007, 09:53 AM
I had this problem starting with 9.0 as well. It persisted with 9.2 until I buckled down last Friday and cleaned up my 3rd party plugins. I suspect the problem in my case had something to with having old or multiple versions of plugins. I had plugins & scripts dating back to LW v.5.x (not necessarily installed) but it was a bit of a mess.

You might try wiping configs and making sure your plugins are out of the path of 'Autoscan Plugins' (Layout/Preference/General). Then go back and manually add your 3rd party plugins or get them cleanly organized and do a Scan Folder. Yes, it's a pain but it seems to have worked for me. No more crashes when exiting after editing menus or keys.

What led me to do this is described here http://www.ne
wtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67687 (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67687)

Andyjaggy
05-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Fortunately I don't get it with Modeler only with Layout. It's not a huge enough problem for me to bother trying to fix it, it's just annoying. I finally disabled the error reporting in windows so I don't have to click "don't send" everytime it happens.

zardoz
05-04-2007, 02:41 AM
I started cleaning the .lws file (this a scene that when I close Layout it crashes allways) with wordpad and I noticed this in the top:

Plugin MasterHandler 1 .SpreadsheetStandardBanks
EndPlugin
Plugin MasterHandler 2 .SpreadsheetStandardBanks
EndPlugin
Plugin MasterHandler 3 .SpreadsheetStandardBanks
EndPlugin
Plugin MasterHandler 4 .SpreadsheetStandardBanks
EndPlugin
Plugin MasterHandler 5 .SpreadsheetStandardBanks
EndPlugin
Plugin MasterHandler 6 .SpreadsheetStandardBanks
EndPlugin
Plugin MasterHandler 7 .SpreadsheetStandardBanks
EndPlugin
Plugin MasterHandler 8 .SpreadsheetStandardBanks
EndPlugin
Plugin MasterHandler 9 .SpreadsheetStandardBanks
EndPlugin
Plugin MasterHandler 10 .SpreadsheetStandardBanks
EndPlugin
Plugin MasterHandler 11 .SpreadsheetStandardBanks
EndPlugin
Plugin MasterHandler 12 .SpreadsheetStandardBanks
EndPlugin
Plugin MasterHandler 13 .SpreadsheetStandardBanks
EndPlugin
Plugin MasterHandler 14 .SpreadsheetStandardBanks
EndPlugin

I simply deleted this and everything was ok. I don't know why Layout saves all these entries for Spreadheet...

What I noticed is that everytime you open the scene and use spreadsheet, layout creates an entry in the .lws file like this:

Plugin MasterHandler 2 .SpreadsheetStandardBanks
EndPlugin
Plugin MasterHandler 3 .SpreadsheetStandardBanks
EndPlugin
Plugin MasterHandler 4 .SpreadsheetStandardBanks
EndPlugin

This was for opening the scene, opening spreadsheet, close scene...then open again, etc.

Maybe this is creating those crashes on Lightwave exit...

wavk
05-04-2007, 04:28 AM
80% of the time its crashes when exiting here too.

mlon